Cake in a cup!

suzanna, Sep 18, 12:36pm
Bumping for Lisa.

gardie, Sep 18, 7:12pm
What do you package the oil in?

pickles7, Sep 18, 8:50pm
I wouldn't be offended even if the butter and oil & egg, were omitted , as a gift.
Sometimes you can find microwave cake pans for $2.00. That would be cool to give a family, or teen to make for the family.
I have just been away, it was nice to see a teen cook scones, I was very impressed.
I am well over this recipe, made it so often. I must say I tried that coconut cream choc. cake... sandhu... put up. That was very light and moist, verymoorish, lasted for two days. I used coconut milk, and will ice the next one with cream cheese icing.
great idea... janny3...You could take that idea further, lots of easy stuff for people to try. I use my microwave heaps, and am always looking out for microwave recipe's.

saintkate, Sep 27, 9:03pm
can someone please give me the reciepe :) tia

245sam, Sep 27, 9:58pm

pickles7, Sep 28, 4:23am
A mug of mud 4 Tblsp flour, 3 Tblsp sugar, 2 Tblsp cocoa, 3 Tblsp milk, 3 Tblsp oil, 1 egg, 1/4 tsp vanilla. mix and cook in mic 1 minute [ 1000 watt] I divide this between 2 small ramekin's. nice, very nice. I like it with plainflour, not self raising.
more like mud.

janny3, Oct 3, 11:01am
Dangerous! 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE 4 Tb Cake Flour
4 Tb Sugar
2 Tb Baking Cocoa
1 Egg
3 Tb Milk
3 Tb Olive Oil (Extra Virgin Light)
3 Tb Chocolate Chips (optional)
1 small splash of Vanilla Essence
1 Coffee or Soup Mug

ADD Dry Ingredients to Mug, and MIX well.
Add the EGG & MIX thoroughly.
POUR in the MILK, OIL & MIX well.
ADD Chocolate Chips (if using) & Vanilla Essence, MIX again.
Put your MUG in the Microwave & COOK for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
THE CAKE will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow
to COOL a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. You'll want MORE! & it only takes 5 minutes to make another...

pickles7, Oct 3, 7:20pm
gee janny if I put that in my 1000 watt mic, for 3 minutes, it would bounce like a ball. I take mine out when it has wet spots on the top, by the time I set it down for 1 minute it is done.The first time I made this it was way too sweet, so I took a bit of sugar out. It also did go over the top of the mug .... messs.... I found a larger mug, now use two ramikins. way too much for one person.lol. hips are wide enough

janny3, Oct 4, 1:19am
Gosh, don't know what happened Pickles? Made it in my aunt's Sharp brand nuker, she said was 1000watt.Use a huge mug & it bubbles over the top like Versuvious about to blow but doesn't quite spill down the sides.You're right about the sweetness.It is worse w/ chocky chips but my relations just love the way they melt into their own self-saucing type affair.Worse, they add whipped cream!!! Sure they start w/ 1/2 ea but then want MORE.That's why this cake is dangerous - you are only 5 mins away from another one!Being on a budget, I now buy mugs from the $2 shop, fill them w/ the mixture, 1 egg, a single serve pack of butter/oil plus the recipe as gifts!

janny3, Jun 17, 12:46pm
You can get those little single serve butter/marge packs instead of the oil.Otherwise I'd ask the Chinese takeaway where they get their little pottles.I did see some in the Chinese grocery store though.

You're making me want that coconut cream choc cake recipe too now.Do you still have it?