Annabel Langbein (sp ??)

Page 1 / 3
badd7, Sep 18, 7:42am
Just watched that program on tv but missed some of the cheese.When she made the cheese did she leave it overnight on the bench or does it go in the fridge?
Thanks ......

motorbo, Sep 18, 7:44am
good point i dont think she said, i also was annoyed as she gave no idea as to why she poured milk into the pork dish, i reckon you wouldnt put the yogurt in the fridge, i so wanna try that making ya own cheese how kewl is that!!!

badd7, Sep 18, 7:49am
x1
I found pork belly a couple of months ago.Cheap cutof pork but really nice.i actually bought one today will have to have a go at her recipe.Definitely going to make my own cheese though....

cookessentials, Sep 18, 7:49am
x1
Overnight on the bench. Langbien or Langbein is her last name.

badd7, Sep 18, 7:49am
oops - dunno how i got the blue face....sorry not meant to be there. lol

rainrain1, Sep 18, 8:07am
Fabulous program, her food is wonderful

motorbo, Sep 18, 8:09am
have been a fan of hers for years!!!think i might have to get this book too

sleyle, Sep 18, 8:11am
Notice she doesn't put the really nice recipes in her programme on her website, so you have to spend $50 on her cookbook.Some of us can't afford that!

badd7, Sep 18, 8:15am
x1
hopefully her cook book will come up on the fly buys web site.or it might be on my christmas wish list from santa.

majurti, Sep 18, 8:57am
The recipe book says to put the yoghurt in the fridge or a cool place over night. Im going to try the fresh cheese recipe as well.

badd7, Sep 18, 9:00am
thanks for the majurti.I put this in general as well and got "put it in the fridge" and also "leave it on the bench".Can't wait to make my own cheese....yyuummmm

cookessentials, Sep 18, 9:18am
She definately said to leave on the bench overnight.

winnie231, Sep 19, 12:46am
x1
motorbo - she said she was going to show how to make tender, moist pork - and then went on to show the method which was a hot oven to crisp the skin followed by adding the milk & cooking in a low oven for 1.5hrs. Cooking in milk produces scrummy moist meat.

gr8stuf4me, Sep 19, 1:53am
Hi all, that fresh cheese stuff is just yummy, I make it all the time and mix all sorts of stuff into it after it has drained.Really good.

fmgirl, Sep 19, 2:23am
Leave the yoghurt on the bench overnight - I guess if you live somewhere hot you'd prob put it in the fridge. (somewhere cool could stick it in the pantry / cupboard) if you kitchen is hot or humid.

fmgirl, Sep 19, 2:23am
Will be adding her book to my christmas wishlist

fmgirl, Sep 19, 2:28am
There's a competition on the TVNZ website to win one of her books.

wildflower, Sep 19, 3:45am
Ditto to leaving it on the bench.I'm taping it from now on so I can rewind if I miss anything, which I did for the cheese recipe.

shop-a-holic, Sep 19, 4:46am
I bought a piece of Pork belly today. $18! Hubby has the job of scoring the skin (tee hee). I also purchased the plain greek yoghurt. It's probably for the benchtop overnight, as bacteria will need room temperature to make the cheese. Just like yeast, it can't work in a cool environment. :-)

nzbadger, Sep 19, 5:53am
I missed the program last time & it is not available to view yet online.
Any chance you would be good enough to share your recipe?? Cheers

motorbo, Sep 19, 6:09am
x1
i found out the milk makes it more tender, her recipe was published in hearld on sunday, interesting though as ive often bought pork belly to make a roast for me as i love alone, and yes its a muct to score and have the skin dry, but i didnt need to turn it down on low for over an hour after.

peneve, Sep 19, 7:02am
x2
I saw it last night, and it looked super easy, but I didn't take note of the ingrediants for the cheese.
Was it just greek yoghurt & salt??? if so, what quantities?TIA

kate113, Sep 19, 7:09am
I keep missing it and watch on tv on demand, from the first episode I made the bacon and egg pie which was nice and the Cherry tiramasu except I used a tin of raspberries, my partner reckoned it was the best pudding I had EVER made! LOL

free-h-oldies, Sep 19, 7:34am
motorbo sorry you love alone hahaha

motorbo, Sep 19, 7:55am
lmao ...i read what you said and was like wtf.....then saw my typo....heheh am glad i made ya smile!!

quote=free-h-oldies]motorbo sorry you love alone hahaha[/quote]