Silicone loaf bakeware

elfim, Sep 17, 2:40am
Anyone used this in the microwave to make a quick bread loaf?How did it turn out as compared to oven baked?

gardie, Sep 17, 5:24am
I find that these expand slightly in the middle when baking in the oven to make a rather strangely shaped loaf.I'd think this would be even more noticeable in the microwave.I also find that these sweat a bit and so bread needs to be removed immediately.Not really so sure that the microwave will be that successful - (haven't tried it for that reason).

lil_toes, Sep 17, 5:24am
id like to know too, bump

qptxexxe, Jul 13, 8:50pm
Christine Wiebe Dear Nicole;If I had known of your course sneoor, I would have definitely signed up. In the meantime, I am just learning French and find the most difficult part is not having French people speaking people to talk with. So, I have decided to start a French speaking drop in' style weekly session. I have sent out an email to many of my friends to find out who is interested. My thought was that we would select 1 day a week for 1 1/2 hours, perhaps a Tuesday from 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM.Recently I met a retired French teacher and we have been meeting for about an hour per week. She has been a big help. She and 2 of her French speaking friends are interested. As well, I have been contacted by 3 other people who are also interested. I just sent out the email this morning.If you feel this is something you might be interested in, please let me know.Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you.Molly Unger suggested I contact you.

sck1oekxoonk, Jul 14, 11:26am
PERFECT WHITE BREAD Two loaves of bread crisp of crust and ednetr of crumb.1 pkg. active dry yeast1 c. lukewarm water2 tbsp. sugar2 tsp. salt1/4 c. Crisco1 c. hot milk5 to 6 c. enriched flourSoften yeast in 1/4 cup of the lukewarm water for 5 minutes, then stir until blended. Measure sugar, salt and Crisco into mixing bowl, pour hot milk over them and stir, mashing Crisco against sides of bowl until broken into small lumps. Add remaining water and cool to lukewarm. Stir in 1 cup flour. Add yeast and 2 more cups flour and beat with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth and elastic. Stir in 1 1/2 to 2 cups more flour, then, with floured fingers, work in enough additional flour to make a soft dough that does not stock to the fingers.Turn dough onto lightly floured board and knead for 2 minutes, about 100 kneading strokes. Shape dough into a ball and put it in a bowl rubbed with Crisco. Spread surface of dough lightly with Crisco, cover with a towel and let dough rise until double in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours. Punch dough down and turn onto floured board. Cut dough in half and shape each half into a smooth ball. Shape each ball into a loaf and put into bread pan rubbed with Crisco. Cover pans with a towel and let bread rise until the sides of the raised bread reach the top of the pans and the center is nicely rounded above it, about 1 hour.To bake: Bake loaves at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown.When baked: Turn loaves from pans immediately to keep crust crisp, and cool on a cake rack. For a soft, ednetr crust: Brush loaves with Crisco as soon as they come from oven. quantum I gave this recipe to a lady who was cooking for 4 comercial fishermen and in her commentsshe liked it very much. I hope you do also.But remember home made bread will not be as light and fluffy as commercial bread. jim b

0kyuhc3q, Jul 16, 11:21am
Don't lose sight of why you're doing this, Anna. And apathy is ttlaloy normal but you're stronger, so just keep on truckin'. Sometimes it's good to stop thinking about the diet so much, too keep doing it, but shift your focus elsewhere. Like haingin' out with the family, right?