Dark Chocolate Cake Recipe

michelle2249, Sep 15, 10:26pm
Hi, I'm on the hunt for a dark chocolate cake recipe.One that is really delicious - but not a mud cake type.I'm looking for a very dark cake with glossy, airy texture.Any recipes would be appreciated.Thanks

horizons_, Sep 15, 10:32pm
I can recommend the 'best ever chocolate cake'. Its a thread title and the recipe is within. Search at the side bar to the left.

michelle2249, Sep 15, 11:13pm
Thanks very much.

hogiebear, Sep 15, 11:21pm
Yep agree, love that cake in our house, easy tasty and LARGE!!! even gets better a couple of days later (more moist)

fee1965, Sep 16, 12:13am
This isan awesome cake, makes a good size, is rich but actually quite light due to the buttermilk.I gets huge compliments whenever I make this:
1 3/4 C Plain Flour
3/4 Cocoa
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 C Black Espresso Coffee (strong - and cooled til warm)
2 C Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Eggs
1 C Buttermilk
1/2 Oil (not olive)

Sift dry ingred and add sugar.Whisk eggs to break them up.Add all wet ingredients to dry - DO NOT OVERMIX.
Bake in a lined tin, it rises a fair bit so do not fill past halfway up the tin.
Cook long and slow - about 1 hour at 160-170c.
I ice this with chocolate ganache.

fee1965, Sep 16, 12:13am
Gets moister after 2 days.

korbo, Sep 16, 7:36pm
could you use this to make a black forest cake.

holdenfanz, Sep 16, 8:38pm
I have found the best cocoa to use is Sunvalley brand it is so yummy and comeso ut looking quite dark

nzbadger, Apr 4, 8:44am
I made this yesterday! Family & friends were impressed! Thx it gets to go in my recipe book! :-)I need work on the Ganache tho!