Rudolphs nose... cream cheese topping (Found)

kermitnz1, Dec 19, 5:08am
Hi guys, my daughter found my recipe, so here it is for anyone who would like to try it (winnie) lol, it is really scrummy...

Rudolphs nose:
1/2 C Brown sugar
1/2 C Malt vinegar
1 tsp Tumeric
1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 large red capsicum (finely chopped)

Put all in a pot, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20-30 mins until it starts to thicken (like marmalade). Cool, then when cold tip over the top of atub or block of cream cheese. Serve with crackers. Yummmm

munkatunksmum, Dec 19, 9:52am
Thank you for sharing kermitnz1 I am going to try it, it looks great!

kermitnz1, Dec 19, 11:21pm
you're welcome munkatunksmum, I hope you enjoy it, I will never buy things like chilli philli now, I think this one is sooo much nicer and really easy to make too.

doug57, Dec 20, 12:07am
I am SOOOOOOOOO glad you found this! . . I went nuts 'googling' for a similar recipe when you posted your original thread and gave up in the end!
I'll save a copy of this as it looks fun. . Yay for your daughter eh? . . they come in handy sometimes!

kermitnz1, Dec 20, 12:09am
lol, thanks doug, I was going nuts trying to google it for 2 days too, and I couldn't find it anywhere! ! !

squeakygirl, Feb 23, 2:39am
I made this for a barbie on Saturday. Didn't have tumeric so put in a teaspoon of curry powder. It was great and I got lots of compliments. Thanks for posting the recipe.

winnie231, Aug 31, 6:05pm
Oh - well done to your daughter! ! !
Thanks for sharing kermitnz1 ... I'm going to make this for my book club on Thurs.