I need the best most kickass delicious cheesecake

Page 1 / 2
emmapear, Jan 27, 8:00am
recipe can anyone help! ! ! !

245sam, Jan 27, 8:06am
Do you have a flavour preference, emmapear? and do you prefer a baked or unbaked cheesecake? I make the unbaked kind so I have a good selection of recipes for those but have a browse through:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=19&t=483

There you'll find a recipe for just about any flavour you'd be likely to want in cheesecakes and there are recipes for both the baked and unbaked type of cheesecake.

Hope that helps. :-))

margyr, Jan 27, 8:07am
i make a sort of cheescake, malt biscuits and butter for the base, press into cake tin, beat a bottle of cream, in another bowl mix together cream cheese, juice from an orange, icing sugar to taste, drain a can of crushed pineapple and mix this all together with the cream, then put into cake tin, let it set in fridge for a few hours before serving, you can also slice it and freeze.

emmapear, Jan 27, 8:07am
Thanks I like both but making for a birthday and not sure what they like.

245sam, Jan 27, 8:11am
emmapear, as it's for a special occasion I would recommend this one from the link as I posted in #2... . .

"Bailey's Cheesecake - never fails!
250g choc chip biscuits 75g butter, melted, 3tsp gelatine, 1/4c water, 2x 250g packets cream cheese, 3/4 cup caster sugar, 300ml thickened cream, 1/3 cup baileys 2 eggs whites. Chocolate sauce. 200g dark chocolate chopped, 1c thickened cream, 2 tablespoons baileys Crush biscuits till they resemble breadcrumbs. Add butter, stir to combine. Press into cheesecake tin, refrigerate for 30mins or till firm. Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug stand in small saucepan of simmering water, stir until dissolved... cool for 5 mins. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cream beat until thick. Stir in gelatine and liquor. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture. Pour over prepared base. Cover and refrigerate for 4hrs until set. Chocolate sauce. Combine chocolate and cream in saucepan, stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in Liqueur. Serve with cheesecake. posted by cap"

Absolutely delicious and that was without the sauce which I remembered that cap said she herself did not always make. :-))

margyr, Jan 27, 8:15am
then for something really different i make an avocado pie, which has texture like a baked cheese cake and is yummy, also instead of the avocado i use mashed bananas, or any fruit except for kiwi fruit. Make biscuit base, malt and butter line a cake tin that the bottom lifts out of, press biscuit into base and abit up the sides. Filling 1 mashed avocado, 1 tin of condensed milk, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 2 egg yolks and 1/4 cup of lemon juice, combine altogether and pour into cake tin, bake 15-20 mins at 165 degree. Topping and this is really yummy, 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, mix altogether, dont worry that sugar is grainy it sets into a delicious smooth topping. Put this on the pie when it is cold. Sounds weird but really is a yummy pie.

emmapear, Jan 27, 8:41am
Thanks guys!

nadineb, Jan 27, 8:48am
Mrs Pattersons Cheesecake I made this for a bar-be-que and everyone that ate this cheesecake raved about it and I think one just about licked the plate lol in the cheesecake is
1 pkt of malt biscuits
5 ounces of butter melted (very old recipe)
crush biscuits and mix with melted butter and put into tin
1 pkt of cream cheese
5 ounces of sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla -optional I do not use it
1 large tin of crushed pineapple drain(keep the juice for a topping)
3 tsps gelatine
1/2 cup really hot water
Dissolve Gelatine in hot water . Mix cream cheese and sugar until well mixed and then add drained pineapple mix then add vanilla andgelatine /hot water and add to rest of the ingredients and mix then put into tin on the biscuit base.
Leave to chill can put this topping on if you want I did
Topping optional as well
Pineapple juice
1 dessertspoon of cornflour
Boil juice and cornflour together mix both together before heating and then boil stirring until syrupy spread onto chilled pineapple base
With this cheesecake you can also put into a flatter tin and cut into squares

ruby19, Jan 27, 8:51am
Try the Philadelphia toblerone cheese cake on their web site amazing, and easy to make. very rich, and no bake.

nadineb, Jan 27, 8:55am
Mrs Pattersons cheesecake is also as well as really tasty really easy to make

nadineb, Jan 27, 9:04am
Emmapear have also got a Orange Chocolate Cup Cake recipe which is kind of a cheesecake filling but in chocolate moulds instead of a base this is diving a little fiddly with the cups but well worth it
1/2 container of cream cheese
rind and juice of one orange
caster sugar to taste(I use 2 tablespoons)
peaches cut into pieces
300ml cream
chocolate cups (just use patty paper moulds melt the chocolate and
then spread into the moulds do not be light with the chocolate as
the cup needs to have a good base and side chill and then gently take paper off)
Once cups are ready Beat cream cheese well and then add rind and juice of the orange and mix well add castor sugar to taste.
Beat cream and gently fold into cream cheese mix.
Put the peaches into the bottom of the cups pipe the orange cream cheese mixture into the chocolate cups I just spoon mixture in.
Chill

pamellie, Jan 27, 10:11pm
Black Forrest Cheesecake

Base:
250g chocolate thins (crushed)
125g melted butter
• Mix together.
• Press into 20cm tin.
• Refrigerate.

Filling:
½ cup hot water
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
300ml cream (whipped)
425g can boysenberries (drained but keep juice)
• Sprinkle gelatine over hot water and dissolve.
• Beat cream cheese, sugar until smooth.
• Add gelatine to cream cheese mix.
• Beat.
• Fold in whipped cream.
• Fold in boysenberries.
• Spread onto base.

Topping:
1 tbsp cornflour
¾ cup boysenberry syrup
Few drops vanilla essence
• Put cornflour into pot.
• Gradually stir in boysenberry syrup until boiling.
• Remove from heat, add essence.
• Cool slightly spread over cheesecake.

cap, Jan 27, 10:17pm
I was going to post the Baileys one but saw 245sam did it - thanks! It really is very, very delicious and as mentioned I don't usually do the sauce but it is a nice addition.

moondoggie, Jan 28, 4:21am
Lots of people seem to use malt biscuits as a base but my family hated it. It was an unbaked cheesecake and the base didnt set that well. What did i do wrong? :)

245sam, Jan 28, 4:36am
What quantity of malt biscuits and butter did you use moondoggie? I have a recipe for a type of cheesecake called Creamy Coffee Pie which uses malt biscuits for the base, I've made it many many times with and never had any problems with the base not setting - I use
¾ x 250g packet crushed malt biscuits, crushedand
85g (3oz) butter, melted

Hope that helps - apart from the proportion of butter to biscuits I really don't know what you could have "done wrong". :-))

Edited to add another thought - did you use one of the cheaper brands of butter for the base? Many of those butters have added water and therefore proportionally less fat which would affect the setting ability of any product where the butter's fat is being relied upon to set the product or any part of it. :-))

moondoggie, Jan 28, 4:45am
Hi :) I used 90g of weight watchers marg (its a low fat cheesecake, i have the recipe on here) and i used a whole packet of 250g biscuits and the brand was Home Brand. The base didnt seem very thick either? How long should i leave the base to set before adding the filling? :)

This is the link for my recipe :)

245sam, Jan 28, 5:08am
moondoggie, I know that recipes vary quite significantly re the amount of butter to biscuits for cheesecake bases but IMO 90g margarine (or butter) is definitely not sufficient to ensure a good set base when a whole packet of biscuits (of any kind) is used - unless of course, if the biscuits are chocolate whole or half-coated in which case the chocolate would assist with setting the base.

If you'd like to see an interesting and tempting variety of cheesecakes (and check on/compare the butter to biscuit quantities), have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=19&t=483

nzhel, Jan 28, 5:41am
Your recipe
sounds really nice nadineb! Can you tell me exactly the size of the tin of crushed pineapple you used? Thanks in advance!

moondoggie, Jan 28, 5:57am
245sam wrote:
moondoggie, I know that recipes vary quite significantly re the amount of butter to biscuits for cheesecake bases but IMO 90g margarine (or butter) is definitely not sufficient to ensure a good set base when a whole packet of biscuits (of any kind) is used - unless of course, if the biscuits are chocolate whole or half-coated in which case the chocolate would assist with setting the base.

If you'd like to see an interesting and tempting variety of cheesecakes (and check on/compare the butter to biscuit quantities), have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=19&t=483[/quo
te]

Cool thankyou :) Im new to baking, its pretty much the first thing iver ever made by myself :) How long would you set the base for and how much marg would you use for a whole packet? :)

245sam, Jan 28, 6:07am
moondoggie wrote:
How long would you set the base for-I've never actually taken note of exactly how long the base has been in the refrigerator for butI make the base before I do anything at all towards the filling - I guess that the minimum would be ½ hour although really it would generally be longer I think
and how much marg would you use for a whole packet? I've always used butter so I can't be sure re margarine as it doesn't ever set as firm as butter does and personally I think that if you want a really firm base to your cheesecakes, then butter is the only option. :-))

moondoggie, Jan 28, 6:14am
Good to know :) I do make the base first and once ive poped it in the fridge i start on the filling so its usually in there for about 1/2 an hour. I will try with the low fat butter next time. Thankyou for you help :)

theanimal1, Jan 28, 6:52am
Kahlua Cheesecake

Method, Combine biscuits, melted butter and cinnamon. Press into a 22 cm flan pan and refrigerate for 2 hours. Mix together lemon juice, kahlua, gelatine dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water, cream, cream cheese, sugar and melted chocolate. Beat until smooth. Pour into chilled biscuit crust and refrigerate until set. Ingredients, 250 g plain sweet biscuits, crushed 125 g buttter, melted 1 tablespoon cinnamon juice of 1 lemon 4 tablespoons kahlua 1 packet gelatine 300 mls cream 250 g cream cheese 1 cup sugar 200 g dark chocolate, melted

theanimal1, Jan 28, 6:53am
Lemon Cheesecake

Ingredients
300g toasted muesli
100g butter, melted
200g ricotta or light cream cheese
500g vanilla yogurt
85g Original Lemon, or
1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
Diced mango and passionfruit pulp

Method

1. Combine the toasted muesli and melted butter in a bowl, and mix well. Press into the base and 3/4 way up the sides of a 20cm spring form pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

2. Whisk or beat together ricotta and yogurt until smooth. Combine jelly crystals with boiling water and whisk until dissolved. Gradually pour the liquid jelly into the yogurt mixture, and whisk until all are well combined.

3. Pour into the chilled muesli base, and allow to set.

4. When set, top with diced mango and drizzle with passionfruit pulp

Serving Suggestion:
Serve with extra yogurt, or ice cream. As a nice alternative, the fruit can be mixed through the filling and set.

theanimal1, Jan 28, 6:54am
Mango and white chocolate cheesecake

Ingredients

* 250g sweet plain biscuits, crushed
* 90g butter, melted
* 250g Philadelphia cream cheese, soften
* ¼ cup caster sugar
* 150g white chocolate, melted
* ½ cup thickened cream
* 1 cup mango, chopped roughly
* 2tsp gelatine
* ¼ cup hot water
* 100g white chocolate, shaved
* Mango slices
* Whipped cream

* Serving size: Serves 8
* Cooking time: Less than 60 minutes

Method

In a bowl combine crushed biscuits and melted butter. Press into a 23cm pie dish to form a base crust, chill.

Stir cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Add sugar and mix well. Add melted white chocolate and stir quickly. Stir in cream till smooth. Fold in chopped mango pieces. Lastly add the gelatine to the hot water, mix until all dissolved and add to cheesecake mixture, stirring gently.

Pour into prepared biscuit crust to fill, chill for 2-3 hours. Serve or decorate with piped whipped cream, mango slices and shaved chocolate.

Tip: Try passion fruit pulp instead of mango.

theanimal1, Jan 28, 6:55am
Turtle Swirl Cheesecake
250gm Oreo Choc Biscuits; 100ml Unsalted Butter, melt; 2 x 250gm Cream Cheese, room temp; ¾ cup Sugar; 2 ½ Large Eggs, beaten; 1 tspn Vanilla Ess; 3 tblspn Cream; 125gm Semisweet Choc, chop; 1 tin Caramelised Cond Milk; ½ cup Whole Toasted Pecans Preheat oven 180°C. Finely grind biscuits in processor. Blend in butter. Press into 20cm dia pan. Electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beat until smooth. Slowly beat in eggs. Mix in essence. Bring cream to simmer in heavy pan, heat to low. Add choc and stir until melted/smooth. Remove from heat. Pour half cream cheese mixt into crust. Spoon half choc mixt over by tblspns, space evenly then spoon in half caramel between. Using knife tip, swirl choc mixt into filling. Spoon remaining cream cheese mixt over. Spoon rest of choc/caramel mixts over by tblspns. Swirl into filling. Bake until sides set and centre moves slightly when shaken, about 65 mins. (Cool in pan on rack. Chill overnight). Garnish with pecans.