Potato Salad - Hot or Cold recipe please

courtney2004, Sep 12, 5:21am
Wanting to make/do a potato salad for tonight as its dads birthday and we are not celebrating it as normal due to him working late and i thought we would have a special pudding but mum has brought cold meat so I then thought a salad would go with it nicely then pudding.

courtney2004, Sep 12, 5:42am
bumping with hope for a recipe am thinking about boiling potatoes sealing them off in a fry pan but I don't know what to put over them please help!

le-min1, Sep 12, 5:49am
Hey,I use Eta potato salad dressing.Gets good comments every time.

goth_thug, Sep 12, 6:41am
If you had more time....Boil spuds let them cool,Make a mix of oil and vinegar and marinate spuds over night in this mix.Dressing is a mix to taste of eta normal salad dressing and plain yogurt.I love this stuff as it has abit of a tang oh and add egg.

fee1965, Sep 12, 6:56am
I saw this recipe on Recipe for Success:
pre cooked jersey benne spuds (1/2's) - warm
in a bowl add 1 tbsp dijon mustard, salt and pepper, squeeze lemon juice then whisk in drizzles of olive oil.DONE!Add the spuds and stir - looked divine.Get so sick of the same old mayo spud salad.

kran32, Sep 13, 2:04am
Try folding through a punnet of fancy dip - the basil pesto with cashews is always nice.Do this while the potatoes are still hot and then leave to cool to room temperature or chill.Tastes yummy and looks good with some parsley or what-have-you sprinkled over the top.

stefanie, Sep 13, 2:16am
This one is from Bavaria (and not very known in the rest of Germany).
Boil potatoes in their skin, peel and slice whilst still hot, add vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar and pour over some boiling water (not too little),..let stand about 15-30 minuts, then add oil and chopped parsely or other herbs..you can also add some thin slices of peeled cucumber to keep it moist (oh I hate that word) longer.Decorate with hard boiled eggs and/or tomato wedges. The salad is a bit on the mushy side, but proofed to be very popular here.

goth_thug, Sep 12, 6:41am
If you had more time.Boil spuds let them cool,Make a mix of oil and vinegar and marinate spuds over night in this mix.Dressing is a mix to taste of eta normal salad dressing and plain yogurt.I love this stuff as it has abit of a tang oh and add egg.

stefanie, Sep 13, 2:16am
This one is from Bavaria (and not very known in the rest of Germany).
Boil potatoes in their skin, peel and slice whilst still hot, add vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar and pour over some boiling water (not too little),.let stand about 15-30 minuts, then add oil and chopped parsely or other herbs.you can also add some thin slices of peeled cucumber to keep it moist (oh I hate that word) longer.Decorate with hard boiled eggs and/or tomato wedges. The salad is a bit on the mushy side, but proofed to be very popular here.

evenmore, Sep 13, 10:32am
my fave -hot potato salad. Fine chopped red onion . scatter over cooked and still hot diced potatoes.Make a vinaigrette with herbsof choice pour over and top with grated cheese. Pop under grill to melt cheese

fisher, Sep 13, 11:22am
sliced gherkins and some juice from the jar. if not available.dill.
that's all I'll say.:}

camper18, Sep 13, 9:52pm
Hot diced potato's, crisped cooked bacon pieces, chopped hard boiled eggs (optional) chopped red or green onions and a good dollop of Gerkin or Corn relish mixed with salad dressing. Lovely hot or cold. Have added finely chopped celery in the past

cookessentials, Sep 13, 9:55pm
I have bumped the "Potatoes" thread for you, I am sure there are a couple on there.

bk02, Sep 17, 2:29am
Chop your potatoes up and boil.Once done drain and then put back on stove top (not to high) and add cream and onion soup mix.
Just stir thru until it thickens and then its done.And ohhh so yumi.Nice warm and cold

courtney2004, Sep 12, 5:42am
bumping with hope for a recipe am thinking about boiling potatoes sealing them off in a fry pan but I don't know what to put over them please help!

fee1965, Sep 12, 6:56am
I saw this recipe on Recipe for Success:
pre cooked jersey benne spuds (1/2's) - warm
in a bowl add 1 tbsp dijon mustard, salt and pepper, squeeze lemon juice then whisk in drizzles of olive oil.DONE!Add the spuds and stir - looked divine.Get so sick of the same old mayo spud salad.

fisher, Sep 13, 11:22am
sliced gherkins and some juice from the jar. if not available.dill.
that's all I'll say.:}

bev00, Sep 16, 12:19pm
some gooduns in here .

carlosjackal, Sep 16, 7:49pm
My secret ingredient in potato salad is a sprinkling of Caraway Seeds - gives any potato salad that "wow" factor!