Annabelle Langbein's crumble last night

wildflower, Sep 12, 4:01am
x2
Did anyone get the ingredients and quantities; I got some of it but she reads it off so quick so you have to buy the book :)

She mentioned you can add condensed milk and turn it into a bar as well.

fee1965, Sep 12, 4:12am
Should be able to find it on her site - or watch again on demand maybe.I personally don't like almonds in my crumble, they are too harsh of a crunch - chopped macadamias or cashews work well, i usually use a mix of flour, sugar, butter, rolled oats, ground almonds and long thread coconut.

wildflower, Sep 12, 4:26am
I'm on dial up connection, don't know how many hours it may take to watch it on On Demand.Thanks anyway :)

mousetrapp, Sep 12, 4:55am
This is from her website but I am sure she made it differently last night.

http://www.annabel-langbein.com/kitchen_recipe_view.php?cid=26&rid=198

dbab, Sep 12, 5:06am
x3
It sure did look tasty.
That's one of the advantages of MySky -you can rewind and pause live tv.
The fruit she used was rhubarb and raspberries with 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsps cornflour sprinkled over the top.

Topping:
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup ground almonds
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup roughly chopped almonds
2 tsps mixed spice (optional)
Mix together well before adding 250 gms melted butter.

Not sure of cooking time, but I would assume it would be about 30 mins at 180* like most other crumbles.

She said it would keep well in the fridge for weeks, and could also be frozen or made into muesli bars by adding condensed milk and then baking.

winnie231, Sep 12, 6:28am
x1
dbab - can you please help in the thread regarding the pork belly recipe Annabel made last night?

fee1965, Sep 12, 6:54am
She mentioned she is gonna make pork belly next week, last night she made pork rillettes, a slow baked pork slices recipe with a prune topping.

dbab, Sep 12, 7:42am
sorry, i can't add much to what's already been posted. I don't think she put marjoram on top of the pork. I think it was bay leaves.

lynja, Sep 12, 7:29pm
yes my sky is brilliant for stopping and rewinding etc to get the recipes down. didnt do the pork one but did write down the crumble which she said made heaps and to try baking some of the remaining crumble to use over stewed fruit or yoghurt for another day. or as mentioed add condensed milk to make a slice. i liked the hint for mixing some cornflour and sugar together and sprinkling on top of raw fruit before putting the topping on to avoid it going stodgy.
what do others think of the program?

skippie1, Sep 12, 7:49pm
Lovely program, about the adding of the cornflour and sugar to stop stodginess, I have always used custard powder with sugar to do the same, and that adds a nice flavor as well, just another taste.

rosie, Sep 12, 7:52pm
lynja I am really enjoying the program, love that is Kiwi so all the ingredients are available to us.I do find it a big nigella ish but with a kiwi flavour :) My fav by would still be Richard Till (?sp) for Kiwiana

shell93, Sep 12, 10:59pm
Topping:
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup ground almonds
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup roughly chopped almonds
2 tsps mixed spice (optional)
Mix together well before adding 250 gms melted butter.

Not sure of cooking time, but I would assume it would be about 30 mins at 180* like most other crumbles.

She said it would keep well in the fridge for weeks, and could also be frozen or made into muesli bars by adding condensed milk and then baking.

i wanted to make this into the muesli bar she talked about....how much condensed milk? really must have a pen and paper handy for next programme!

dbab, Sep 12, 11:07pm
Hi shell,
I don't think she mentioned how much. I would compare ingredients with another muesli bar recipe to get an idea of quantities.

wildflower, Sep 13, 3:38am
Thank you very much, muchly appreciated :)

sunny, Sep 13, 7:52am
Did anyone get the recipe for the pork rillettes with the prune topping please

chef_-_lynne, Sep 13, 11:20am
x1
I too would like to thank MySky and this is the Rillettes recipe
Pork Rillettes with Prune Topping
Ingredients:
Pork Belly (cut into strips)
3 cloves garlic
salt
2x Bay Leaf
Bunch of thyme
Pepper
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup brandy
2 x Star Anise

Put pork belly into shallow dish. Sprinkle salt over garlic and crush. Spread over the pork strips. Add bay leafs, thyme, wine, brandy and Star Anise, sprinkle generously with pepper. Cook on 150C for 3 hours. Once cooked break up pork and place in food processor, pulse, add 2 or 3 Tbsp cooking liquid and pulse until consistency you require. Place in individual dishes and cover with Prune topping. Keeps in fridge for 10-12 days. Can be frozen.

Prune Topping:
1cup Prunes
1cup Red Wine
2 Tbsp Sugar
Pinch Ground Cloves

Place in pot and cook. Sorry not sure for how long but until mushy.

Melba Toast:
Grain Sandwich Bread
Remove crusts, roll flat, cut in half and bake in the same oven as the pork for 20 minutes. Melba toast will keep well for about two weeks if stored in an air-tight container.

sunny, Sep 13, 6:11pm
fantastic! thanks for that Lynn
They go so fast on the program you cant keep up with them!

guest, Oct 12, 12:12am
Hi annabel my husband never gets in the kitchen and the other night he decided to make the crumble cake for our visitors after he went out and brought the new cook book from the T.V. series which we both injoy.The cake he used blueberries and apple it came out absolutely devine,so thanks to you I may see him cooking more.love your work
From Colleen and Tom

guest, Oct 9, 1:07am
I added one tin of condensed milk. Worked a treat... and a few choc chippies! Kids loved it!