Best Chocolate Cake Recipie

ronnoc, Feb 22, 11:25pm
Can anyone share a fantastic chocolate cake recipie please? ?

245sam, Feb 22, 11:29pm
ronnoc, have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=626

You'll find a great choice of chocolate cake recipes there. :-))

indy95, Feb 22, 11:30pm
Ronnoc, just type chocolate cake in as the keyword for the search box on the left of the screen, scroll to anytime and hit search. You will get so many recipes you won't know where to start. Alternatively try checking the trademecooks.net.nz website for some great recipes.

bluetigerrr, Feb 23, 1:15am
Wild One Raspberry Mud Cake – from Rocket Kitchen
Published in New Zealand Baker (Dean Brettschneider and Lauraine Jacobs).

Cake:

435ml hot water
325g softened butter
235g granulated sugar
40g cocoa powder
400g dark chocolate buttons
140g mashed raspberries
5ml raspberry essence (optional)
175g eggs (3. 5)
285g 'Champion' or 'Elfin' self-raising flour

Cake method:

1. Place the hot water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat and add butter, then set aside until just melted but still hot.
3. Combine the sugar, cocoa powder and chocolate in a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk.
4. Add the hot butter and water to the chocolate mixture, whisk on medium speed until smooth then mix in the mashed raspberries and raspberry essence.
5. Add the eggs one at a time while mixing and scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
6. Sieve the flour, add to the mixture and whisk on low speed until the mixture is smooth.
7. Pour into a 23cm round loose base cake tin which has the sides and bottom lined with baking paper.
8. Place directly into preheated oven set at 150ºC and bake for 1. 5 hours or until a cake skewer comes out clean.
9. Once cool remove from the cake tin and take off the baking paper. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.

bluetigerrr, Feb 23, 1:19am
Ganache:

300ml fresh cream
500g dark chocolate buttons

Ganache method:

1. Place the cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate buttons.
3. Stir using a wooden spoon until the buttons have melted.
4. Leave to rest in the saucepan to thicken to pouring consistency - this should take approximately 45 minutes.
5. Place a sheet of baking paper underneath the cooling rack, then slowly pour the ganache over the cake, starting at the centre and moving towards the outside, ensuring that the cake is completely covered (you may need to use a palette knife).
6. Give the cooling rack a shake to allow the ganache to settle evenly on the cake.
7. Once the ganache has finished dripping, carefully lift the covered cake off the cooling rack and place on a serving plate.

griffo4, Sep 4, 9:42am
The german choc cake that was on here recently is really nice and is now my favourite choc cake and very moist. You can do it with the icing or make your own icing. l wasn't fussed with the icing that went with it but everyone else loved it and it went in a flash. l have posted it below and it is quick and easy to make, my type of cake, lol. The comments in the recipe were made by the person who posted it and l can't remember who that was.

German Chocolate Cake

2 BOWLS – DRY MIX
2cups self raising flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 - 1 cup cocoa
WET MIX
1 cup milk
1 cup lukewarm water with 1 dessert spoon vinegar
2 eggs
125gms melted butter
1teaspoon baking soda
Mix the wet with the dry & bake about 3/4 - 1 hour 180C
I always double this which makes a huge cake & is great for birthdays etc ENJOY! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
TOPPING FOR ABOVE CAKE
250grms coconut
125gms butter
2 egg yolks
1 can carnation evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
Mix all in pot & cook until thick make sure to stir so it does not stick/burn spread on top of cake,
I only use this now & then but is my favourite with this cake but just a nice icing is fine.