Urgent Help

allurs, Feb 22, 7:12pm
Hi, Im in urgent need of a uncooked cheesecake base recipe? ! My one seems to become as hard asa rock so yeah not inviting to eat! Does any1 have an other recipe? ! thanks!

lizab, Feb 22, 7:25pm
did you do biscuit crumbs and melted butter for the uncooked base?

245sam, Feb 22, 7:40pm
allurs, here's the recipe from my very first attempt - a very successful one! - at making a cheesecake... . .

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE - always popular whenever I make it so I hope you will enjoy it too.
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170g butter, melted

Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22·5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt

Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.
This is nicest at least 1 day old, and freezes well too. :-))

This recipe and LOTS more can be found at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=19&t=483

allurs, Feb 22, 10:07pm
Yes I did Lizba, just it turns out so hard and then my mums recipe the base turns out so crumbly! and I need to make the cheesecake by 4pm this afternoon! so fingers xrossed! 245sam, thanks I'll give it a go! !

marte, Sep 1, 7:44am
Try using the 'Rice biscuits'. They are made from Rice (good for Gluten free people) You can find them in most supermarkets. They are round with a hole in the centre.