I have some snitzel and bacon...

cherstu, Sep 4, 4:10am
out to do something for dinner... I was thinking of rolling the bacon around the snitzel then baking it... Do you think it would work? Any ideas would be great :)TIA

* could something be put in the inside before i roll it up??? *

gardie, Sep 4, 4:31am
You could make a beef olive like dish.I'd chop the bacon and gently fry with some onion and garlic in butter and then stir in some chopped parsley and fresh breadcrumbs.Use this to stuff your rolls, brown in a frypan.Add a couple of cups worth of beef stock mixed with gravox (or thickener) and then either simmer gently on stove (you may need extra water) or cover and pop in the oven for an hour or so.

noonesgirl, Sep 4, 4:48am
Put grated cheese on schnitzel,roll up & wrap in bacon

cherstu, Sep 4, 4:53am
Thanks, im thinking i might have done it wrong, but its in the oven now so, never mind!!!! For hubby i thinly sliced mushroom and onion, then covered snit in it then rolled and wrapped bacon around that, then some left over mince mixture in mine and the big boys with same method, so hoping they turn out ok... Looks all good in the oven!!!! They look big too.... Will say later how they turned out!!

lisa7, Feb 26, 9:17am
In parenting thread, there was a recipe stuff schnitzel with cheese, wrap with bacon, place in crockpot with Beef Strog mix.