Need a really good Lime or Lemon Baked Cheesecake

notmyonlyjob, Sep 5, 4:54am
Recipe please, I have searched the recipe thread but cant find anything suitable.Anyone got any tried and true recipes they would care to share?No light versions, we want true rich fattening cheesecake lol

soden, Sep 5, 5:03am
Hi look on TV2 website for the Baked Lime Cheesecake recipe from last Tuesday.The Chefs loved it.Watch the series TV Tuesday 7.30pm.
I bought all the ingredients today but could only find 1 Lime in Napier Supermarkets.Dam ya need 2

pam.delilah, Sep 5, 6:42am
here it is it is from my kitchen rules

Lime baked cheesecake
Ingredients
• 3 x 250 g packets cream cheese, softened
• 220g caster sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• zest and juice of 2 limes
• 3 eggs
• 1 egg yolk
• 125 ml pouring cream
• fresh lime wedges and double cream, to serve

Then for the cheesecake base:
• 1 x 250g packet nice or granita biscuits
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
• 125g unsalted butter, melted

Method

1. To prepare the cheesecake base, process biscuits and sugar in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter and process until combined. Press mixture over the base of a 22cm non-stick springform tin. Use a palette knife smooth the base. Chill for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 220°C.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lime zest and juice in a bowl until just smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating until just combined. Add egg yolk and beat until just combined. Stir in cream. Pour mixture into tin over crumb base.
4. Bake on lowest shelf for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 150°C and bake a further 25-30 minutes or until mixture is almost set.
5. Cool cheesecake in oven with door slightly ajar. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
6. Cut into generous slices and serve with a fresh lime wedge and double cream.
Notes
1. Use the base of a drinking glass to help press crumbs over base of tin.

2. For a glamorous garnish, grate dark chocolate over top of cheesecake before serving – it has a natural affinity with lime.

3. Be careful to only remove the thin coloured part of the peel when zesting citrus fruit as the white pith underneath is very bitter.

4. Most cheesecakes are better made a day in advance. It gives the flavours time to develop and allows the texture to firm. Baked cheesecakes are best eaten at room temperature

fruitluva2, Sep 5, 7:11am
Mmmmm thanks for posting the recipe Pam, I was wanting a lime cheesecake to add to the list of desserts I have to make.
How many does it serve?

wasala, Sep 5, 7:13am
Try the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. You can get it from www.bookdepository.co.uk and postage is free. I LOVE mine!

margyr, Sep 5, 7:19am
not really a cheesecake but if you google key lime pie that is a good recipe and use crushed oreos for the base instead of malt biscuits.

notmyonlyjob, Sep 5, 7:25am
Legend!Yeah I think thats where I got the idea from that My kitchen rules.Thanks :)

pam.delilah, Sep 5, 8:20pm
. The one that made it sliced it in to 8 big piece but you could extent it to 10. Which she should have done, as she had to cut two pieces from other one that was not so good.

soden, Mar 2, 11:54am
I have completed the lime cheesecake now!It looks absolutely perfect!Waiting until tomorrow to cut, will let you know what it tastes like.