Capsicum and tomato sauce recipe

yodagirl, Aug 16, 5:28am
Anyone have a good one? Keen to try and make it

fisher, Aug 16, 5:36am
Maybe adapt this one...
Capsicum Sauce
Ingredients:
5 red capsicums, halved, membrane and seeds removed. . 1 red chilli seeded and finely chopped . . 1 cup white wine vinegar. . 2 tbsp lemon juice. . 3 cups sugar. . 50g jam setting mix. .
Method:
Roast halved caps in a hot (200 deg) oven, cut side down on a foil lined oven tray for approx 40 mins. If the edges start to blacken, cover loosely with foil. Place into plastic bag to sweat for 10 mins, so you can remove skins... Trim off any burnt edges... Place skinned caps in a food processor and blend until smooth... Add chilli, vinegar, lemon, 1 tsp salt, and blend again for 30 secs... Put in a large pan with sugar and stir over a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved... Bring to the boil and add the jam setting mix... Continue to boil, stirring often... They say 5 mins, but I have done it up to half an hour so it gets nice and rich...
The natural sugars in the caps must caramelise. . Pour into clean sterilized jars and refrigerate...

yodagirl, Aug 16, 5:45am
What can I substitute white wine vinegar for? ?

Sounds great otherwise

pickles7, Aug 16, 5:46am
Not a very good time of the year to be making sauce. Nothing has a nice flavour, nothing will be able to enhance, tasteless veg.

yodagirl, Aug 16, 6:00am
and where do you get jam setting mix from?

nauru, Jan 30, 8:07am
I found it in the supermarket on the shelf with the sugars. I think it is Kings.
You can just use white or cider vinegar for white wine vinegar.