Easy meals with baked beans

tazzaboy2, Aug 16, 4:00am
i have heard of a baked bean lasgana. . but have no cheese or butter for the sauce
anyone have a easy sauce recipe? ? thank you

cookessentials, Aug 16, 4:06am
I do a lovely beef and bean casserole which is super easy to make, tastes great and can be frozen in portions.

fisher, Aug 16, 4:35am
Just use:
olive oil, onion, celery, garlic, tomato paste, tinned tomatoes, bay leaf, mixed herbs, basil, salt pepper in that order... leave it sit to infuse. . you could drain the bean sauce in as well. . and then fry up some mince and add the drained beans...

tazzaboy2, Aug 16, 4:52am
thanks fisher lol i have none of those. .
so far have boiled up pumpkin and broccoli, chopped up ham steaks,
will mix together with the cooked ham and ad baked beans. . just need a sauce... have a single tin of tomatos. . might heat them up and add bit of cream to it maybe or milk so it goes further. . any other sauce ideas?

duckmoon, Aug 16, 8:17am
I add baked beans to mince

fronta1, Aug 16, 9:05am
The trick is to put a can of beans in a whiz or magic bullet and mush the whole lot together. Result a tasty thick sauce you can layer in a lasange. You can also spoon the bean sauce mush mixture over nachos or tacos too.

matiducati, Aug 16, 9:32am
Food in a minute Baked Bean Hash Slice - my kids love it. It easy to make, nice hot or cold

http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/recipe_default. aspx? r
ecipeid=294

indy95, Aug 16, 9:40am
Could you post the recipe sometime please, cookessentials ?

tazzaboy2, Aug 16, 10:10am
yum. . iv'e made that before and delish! ! just didnt have enough eggs. thanks

ferita, Aug 16, 6:12pm
I mix a can of baked beans and a can of chopped tomatoes together with a dash of chilli powder. Pour over some corn chips cover with grated cheese and bake.

zappi, Aug 16, 9:10pm
Agree with the Baked bean hash from Food in a minute. Yumm and easy. Great in summer time too with a salad or for brunch.

pickles7, Aug 16, 9:29pm
you forgot the cinnamon and soy sauce, fisher

fisher, Aug 17, 1:41am
nope... I sure didn't. . :}

cookessentials, Aug 17, 2:03am
BEEF AND BEAN CASSEROLE

2 tbsp butter
750g minced steak ( I use premium mince)
1 lge onion, finely chopped
1x 425g can of chopped tomatoes
1 cup hot beef stock ( I use a Maggi Beef stock dissolved in boiling water)
125g pasta - I use the curly pasta-often the tri-colour
1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp chilli powder ( I use about half as it can be pretty hot with 1tsp)
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce ( Lea & Perrins if you have it)
1x can baked beans

Melt butter in large saucepan (I use my smaller stock pot) and brown the meat and onion. Stir in all the remaining ingredients except the baked beans. Mix together well and simmer with lid on for 30 mins or so, stirring occasionally. Add a little more water if necessary. When pasta is tender and meat is cooked, add the baked beans and stire through. Heat through gently and serve.

indy95, Jan 31, 3:59pm
Thank you for posting this.