Florentine biscuit recipe

angie461, Aug 16, 2:27am
I have googled but there are a lot of different recipes, anyone know which would be and authentic one?

cookessentials, Aug 16, 4:28am
This is the recipe I use

30g butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon golden syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon plain flour
2 teaspoons mixed peel
1 tablespoon finely chopped red glacé cherries
1/4 cup (20g) flaked almonds, chopped coarsely
75g dark chocolate

Preheat the oven to moderate (180°C). Combine butter, sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan; stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.

Stir in the ginger and flour then the peel, cherries and nuts. Drop level 1/2 teaspoons of mixture onto greased oven trays, leaving about 6cm between each to allow mixture to spread. Cook only 6 at a time.

Bake in a moderate oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown; gently push the Florentines into shape with a small cutter or palette knife while still hot. Stand Florentines for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Melt the chocolate then spread the chocolate over the flat side of the florentines; run a fork through the chocolate before it sets to make a wavy pattern. Stand Florentines, chocolate-side up, on a wire rack until set.
Makes about 36 small ones.

pam.delilah, Aug 16, 4:49am
Florentines
Ingredients
• 50g unsalted butter
• 50g golden caster sugar
• 2 tsp runny honey
• 50g plain flour
• 40g chopped mixed candied peel
• 40g mixed glacé cherries, chopped
• 50g toasted flaked almonds, lightly crushed
• 150g milk chocolate, broken up

Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a pan over a medium-low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Stir in the flour, candied peel, cherries and almonds.
3. Using your hands, shape the mixture into small mounds, then place 9 on each baking tray, spaced apart. Press down each mound slightly. Bake for 7-8 minutes, until the biscuits have spread and are golden. Leave for 5 minutes to firm up, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining

bombaloo, Aug 16, 11:00pm
I have the best and easiest one at home. I will post it when I get home from work :)

katalin2, Aug 17, 2:53am
One of my friends years ago used to make a scrummy florentine - similar to above recipes but with cornflakes as well - alas she would not part with the recipe... ...

angie461, Feb 1, 3:52pm
Than k youi for the recipes. Appreciate it, I am making a gf version so will make a slight adjustment.