Easy mild(ish) curry recipes wanted please :)

lil_angel_kel, Aug 14, 2:25am
Also can you do any sort of curried beef? TIA :)

nauru, Aug 14, 3:03am
Do you like satay or korma, both of which iaremild. I have a recipe I use if you want me to post fopr you. By any sort do you mean cut of beef?

lil_angel_kel, Aug 14, 3:53am
Ive never tried Korma before but would be def keen to try :)As in beef full stop :)Have heard of lots of chicken and lamb curries, but wasnt sure if beef curry tasted ok too (as its lots cheaper to buy) :)

kirinesha, Aug 14, 4:34am
This is mild and lovely. I've had great feedback from others who have tried it :)

Chicken Kashmir

My husband has made this for me several times and it's wonderful! The cinnamon adds this lovely aromatic warmth, making this my new favourite Indian recipe! This should serve 6.

Ingredients

125g butter
2 onions (sliced)
10 peppercorns
10 cardamom
5cm piece of cinnamon stick
5cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1t chilli powder
2t paprika
1. 5kg chicken pieces or breasts
200gm natural unsweetened yoghurt OR 200gm coconut cream

Method

Melt the butter in a deep lidded frying pan (we used a lidded wok)
Add the onions, peppercorns, cardamon and cinnamon and fry until the onions go golden
Add the ginger, garlic, chilli powder, paprika, salt to your own taste and fry for 2 minutes, stirring
Add the chicken and fry until browned
Gradually add the yoghurt, stirring constantly
Cover and cook on a low heat for 30 minutes

davidt4, Aug 14, 4:41am
This is a very mild curry that uses minced beef.

Beef Keema
SERVES: 4

2 tab oil or ghee or butter
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tab chopped fresh ginger
700g mincedbeef
2 1/2 tsp gr coriander
2 1/2 tsp gr cumin
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp salt
450g boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 c plain yogurt
3/4 c whole milk
3/4 c frozen peas
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 c chopped coriander

In a large deep frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute longer. Add the beef and cook until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Drain off any fat.
Add the coriander, cumin, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, and 1 tsp of the salt to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the potatoes, yogurt, and milk. Bring just to a boil. Cover the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Uncover the pan and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
3. Stir in the peas and the remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Simmer until the peas are just done, about 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and the coriander

kirinesha, Aug 14, 4:42am
Beef keema is lovely :)

darlingmole, Aug 14, 4:50am
wow and yum~! That recipe you posted david sounds like one my dear mum use to make ... brings back wonderful memories :-)
Meanwhile I'm about to race off and find pen and paper to write down your recipe kinesha

kirinesha, Jan 23, 9:55pm
Darlingmole, every time my husband makes me Chicken Kashmir I remember how much I love him :) And I'm pretty sure he makes it to remind me as well!