SST magazine recipe for pork with lentils

martine5, Aug 11, 12:24am
I accidently recyled the mag from the star sunday times before ripping out ray mcvinnies recipe for pork with lentils. It looks delicious has anyone got a copy they wouldn't mind sharing.

TIA

winnie231, Aug 11, 2:43am
Is it this one? ? ?

http://www.cuisine.co.nz/index. cfm? pageID=49323

martine5, Aug 11, 4:39am
No unfortunately it isn't it had pork fillets in it rather than hocks, but thanks for your efforts

griffo4, Aug 11, 4:52am
Martine l have got the recipe but l won't have time to put it on here till tomorrow afternoon unless someone else has it and posts it for you

griffo4, Aug 12, 3:20am
l finally got back to do this, enjoy

Pork and Lentil salad
1 small carrot, halved
1 onion, halved
1 stick celery, halved
300g green or brown lentils
8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
500g pork rump or skinned boned belly, cut into thin slices across the grain of the meat
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 large handful rocket leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Fill a large saucepan with water, add the carrot, onion and celery, bring to the boil
Add the lentils, bring back to the boil and simmer for 20-30minutes until they're tender
Remove from the heat and drain
Discard the vegetables
Place the lentils in a large warm salad bowl and add 4 tablespoons olive oil
Mix well and reserve
Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat and add the remaining oil, garlic, fennel seeds and pork
Stir fry the pork until browned and cooked through
Add it to the lentils with the vinegar, tomatoes and rocket
Taste, season and serve warm

martine5, Aug 13, 5:25am
Griffo you are amazing, thanks I hope very much to return the favour to you one day. I'm just heading back into the kitchen to make the pork and lentil number now.

griffo4, Aug 13, 7:05am
Not a problem anytime
please let me know how it turns out
Happy cooking

martine5, Aug 16, 8:27am
Well it was delish, i cooked the lentils in stock (rather than water and vegies) and used about half the oil but all the red wine vinegar and then added some lemon zest. It was great - really tasty.

griffo4, Jan 31, 2:59am
Thanks Martine l will have to try that one