Burnt bottoms on anzac biscuits

russdamuss, Aug 10, 11:12pm
Can you please tell me what Im doing wrong? I tried a batch of anzac cookies this morning and the first lot I put into my (NEW) oven at 200 degrees and they came out with burnt bottoms, so the second tray i put on, i turned the temp down to 180 and lifted the tray 1 level higher, and they still burnt on the bottom...

natalie9, Aug 10, 11:53pm
I find they come out different EVERY time I make them... Make sure your tray is cold and take them out earlier. They should still be soft when they come out and harden up.

red2, Aug 11, 12:44am
were you using fanbake/thermowave ? You will need to adjsut the temp down if so. I do my anzacs at about 160 - 175 degrees

russdamuss, Aug 11, 1:11am
o thanks, yes they were on fanbake - my oven automatically startsfanbake when the temp is set for anything over 160. thanks will try and lower the temp further.

mrsrickp, Aug 11, 1:32am
*waves to russdamuss* hows it going chicken, haven't heard from you in ages. Flick me an email sometime if you still have my addy.

red2, Jan 14, 5:04pm
thought that may have been it - I had some tragic disasters when i first got my new oven too ! Happy baking