Potato Bake..

showytype, Feb 21, 3:18am
anyoneknow any nice easy recipes for this? without the packet stuff. . thanks

lythande1, Feb 21, 3:31am
What do you call potato bake? I do one where I slice them ultra thin, layer a dish (I add small bits of cauli in it too) and top with cream, the n sprinkle grated cheese over. Bake covered. The cream gets absorbed pretty much, watch it so it doesn't dry out. And you are left with tender creamy cheesy veg.

cottagerose, Feb 21, 4:14am
Ive bumped a thread for potato bake up for you showytype

cookessentials, Feb 21, 7:38am
Here is my recipe that I posted on 13th Feb- it is quite delicious, but also rich, so a little at a time!
Someone was asking about your best potato recipe, I have FINALLY found my "Pam's creamy potatoes" recipe, so here it is.
25g butter, melted;1 clove garlic, crushed;1/4 tsp nutmeg;2 cups grated tasty cheese; 1 kg potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly;2 eggs, lightly beaten;1x 300ml carton cream;1 cup milk;1/2 cup stale breadcrumbs;fresh herbs to garnish.
combine melted butter, garlic and nutmeg in a bowl. Brush a shallow oven proof dish with half the butter mixture. Sprinkle half the cheese over the base and layer the potato slices. Combine remaining butter mix, eggs, cream and milk in a jug and pour gently over potato slices. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs ( I dont usually bother with the breadcrumbs) Bake in hot oven - 200C for about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. (Cover with foil if top becomes too brown. )

cookessentials, Feb 21, 10:09pm
for showtype.

showytype, Aug 27, 6:54pm
thanks alot guys :D will make that tonight!