Cinnamon scrolls

steamylee, Aug 10, 3:43am
hiya, does anyone have an easy recipe for these please? they are next on my list of yummy things that i want to learn how to make :)

245sam, Aug 10, 4:00am
steamylee, are you wanting a recipe that is the scone dough type or one that is yeast-based? If it's the scone dough type that you're wanting I have a recipe that's aka Chelsea Buns. :-))

steamylee, Aug 10, 4:13am
yeah scone dough would be wonderful please :)

steamylee, Aug 10, 4:27am
i have searched under your username, is it on the mb already? as i cant find it sorry...

valentino, Aug 10, 4:28am
Some lovely ones in the Bread thread, Cinnabons for the real treat.

steamylee, Aug 10, 4:41am
valentino do you have a link please? i have searched bread but cannot find the right thread...

valentino, Aug 10, 4:55am
Page 8, posts numbers 391, 392 and 393.

Thread is bumped for you.

Bread Thread. For Hand & Bread Machine Recipes :-) is the thread via editing.

Cheers.

245sam, Aug 10, 5:01am
sorry about the delay - the computer has been on a go-slow, here's my recipe... ... .

Chelsea Buns
A recipe from my Manual Training days 40+ years ago!
225g (8oz) flour
3 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
55g (2oz) butter
¼ cup sugar
1 egg
approximately ¼ cup milk
cinnamon+extra sugar

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Chop and rub in the butter. Add the measured sugar.
Beat the egg and add the milk. Reserve a little of the liquid mixture, then stir the remainder into the dry ingredients to make a soft dough. Roll the dough into an oblong. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and extra sugar, and roll up into a long roll. Cut into 12 buns and dip each in egg and milk, then in sugar. Bake at215°C (425°F).

:-))

steamylee, Aug 10, 5:03am
oh oh oh cool thanks sam ill give that a go now as i have no yeast lol and will try valentinos when that lot is eaten (knowing my partner that will be tomorrow lol)

steamylee, Aug 10, 6:05am
ok so i just made this... didnt read the recipe properly and forgot to put the sugar in lol. but seeing as i didnt notice till they were in the oven ill let them go and see how they turn out. all else fails ill feed 'em to the birds lol. might have to try again tomorrow.

245sam, Aug 10, 6:10am
Im assuming that it's the ¼ cup sugar that you missed steamylee? - I don't think it will matter at all, especially if you have been reasonbly generous with the "extra" sugar. Hope you enjoy them. :-))

elliehen, Aug 10, 7:53am
If you happen to have two shallow round sponge sandwich tins, these cinnamon scrolls cook superbly in those, six to a pan, in a circle, with one in the middle. They turn out like a big round bunch of pull-apart sticky buns - irresistible :)

macandrosie, Aug 10, 8:44am
I make a recipe that's got yeast in & I make it in my bread maker. Place in breadmaker in this order:
1, 1/4 cups milk 4 tsp surebake yeast, 1/4 cup oil, 3 cups white flour, 1/2 tsp salt. Put onto dough cycle. Can leave in breadmaker longer as it begins to rise slightly. Roll out & spread with melted butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, &1/2 cupsultanas &/or chopped apricots. Fold over & repeat this again adding another measure of butter, sugar, cinnamon & sultanas. Roll up, cut into 12 buns. Place in large paper patties in muffin tins. Cover with gladwrap & t towel leave in warm place. You want them to rise quickly, up to 40 mins till they double in size. Bake at160oC for 15-20 mins.

tazzaboy2, Aug 10, 8:49am
mmm cheers. . i was a bakers assistant years ago. . and made these alot and the jam and custard as well. . gona make these. be good for lunches.

guest, Jan 11, 11:18am
Your story was really infivmatore, thanks!