Pork Loin Chops/Lamb Shoulder Chops

carrie2, Aug 8, 3:19am
My husband won a meat pack and these things I have never cooked before, can I do them in the slow cooker? Anyone have any good recipes? ? ?

davidt4, Aug 8, 3:33am
You can braise them in a slow cooker with onions, salt and pepper, garlic if you like it. Give the chops about eight hours on high. You can cook some root veges with them - carrots, swede, potato, kumara - put them in at the same time as the chops.

If you like you could add some white wine or a tin of chopped tomatoes to vary the flavour.

toadfish, Aug 8, 3:36am
One of our favourites is Lamb sholder chops either slow cooked in the oven or in the slow cooker... with carrots, onions, barley, salt and pepper... then the gravy thickened at the end with bisto. If they are fatty lamb sholder chops, what i did was cook them one day. . refridgerate over night lift off the hard white fat and heat through the next nom nom nom... .

Pork Loin Chops... we BBQ all year round and like these chops done on the BBQ

greerg, Aug 8, 3:51am
A simple but tasty way of cooking pork loin chops is to spread them with plum sauce (i have homemade but I am sure bought would be very similar) and bake them at about 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until cooked. Sprinkle with a few cashews 19 minutes before the end. Serve with a sauce made of half plum sauce and half natural yoghurt which looks an odd colour but is really tangy and goes well with the pork.

toadfish, Aug 8, 3:59am
greerg wrote:
. Sprinkle with a few cashews 19 minutes before the end quote].

Thats a minute after you put them in... is that right?

Sounds nice, I have some bit on the side oriental plum sauce that needs using up... do you think it would work well with chicken as well? as I have some skinless chicken thighs (bone in).

greerg, Aug 8, 4:29am
No Toadfish - just a touch of dyslexic typing! 10 minutes is what I should have said. I think the original recipe was actually for the bit on the side sauce and yes I have done it with chicken and it was fine although I do prefer it with pork.

nauru, Jan 5, 5:54pm
I use this recipe often
4 pork chops, 1 lg onion sliced, 2 apples sliced, 1 cup apple juice or white wine or cider. Pinch each sage & thyme. Put chops into a frypan and brown then put into crockpot. Add onion & apples to frypan and brown, add herbs and then add juice or wine to deglaze pan. Put mixture on top of chops in crockpot. Cover & cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Serve with steamed veges or whatever is your choice.