DRY SCRAMBLE EGGS

autocars1, Aug 7, 7:21am
How do the chefs ge their scrambled eggs dry, you know like the americam version. When I got hotels their brekkie's have this nice dry sort of scrambeled aggs... mine are always wet... donemost of the reipes and failed. . anyone? ?

winnie231, Aug 7, 7:26am
Why would you want dry scrambled eggs? ? ?
They should be creamy.
The only way I can imagine ending up with them dry would be to over cook them so they start to separate then drain off the watery liquid.

ferita, Aug 7, 7:26am
Dont add any milk or cream to the mix

m41, Aug 7, 7:57am
eww! ! yes just egg and a little water cook as the water will evaporate

noonesgirl, Aug 7, 8:06am
Cook in frypan rather than a saucepan. Had some for tea & they were fine. I added milk & turned heat off when partly cooked i. e left them to finish cooking n their own heat. no water.

Always use water for Omelette & milk for scrambled eggs.

winnie231, Aug 7, 8:45am
Try this recipe ... delicious!

http://gordonramsaysrecipes.com/03/11/

pickles7, Aug 7, 10:34am
use dry eggs ? ?

munrotti, Aug 7, 10:47am
One table spoon of milk per egg, no more should stop liquid seeping out. (Is thast what you mean by wet? )

rainrain1, Aug 7, 8:34pm
I don't like this recipe of gordon ramsays, it is too rich and spoils the real egg flavour of a good old home produced free range egg.

darlingmole, Aug 7, 8:50pm
I was watching days of our lives (years ago) and they were making scrambled eggs ... they continuously scrambled them in a frying pan. Personally I like my scrambled eggs a bit creamy, not sloppy, with some finely chopped onion and a bit of grated cheese

indy95, Aug 7, 8:54pm
If scrambled eggs are dry they have been overcooked and in my experience many chefs do this. When I order scrambled eggs in a cafe I always ask for them to be slightly underdone and then they are generally about right.

When I make them at home I follow Gordon Ramsay's method using less butter and milk or cream rather than creme fraiche.

winnie231, Aug 7, 8:57pm
I found the opposite - just shows how much everyone's tastes vary.
I tried this recipe when I had my own chooks in Golden Bay & love it. Creamy & decadent.

trading_gibsons, Aug 7, 8:58pm
cook the hell out of them until they bounce off the plate!

jed, Aug 8, 2:33am
Use a small amount of cream instead of milk. Milk tends to leach out and cream doesn't. Put a bit of butter in the frypan first then egg mix. Good luck :-)

buzzy110, Aug 8, 2:47am
I think poster #1 was referring to the white, wheylike liquid that appears when scrambling eggs with milk added. This probably happens more when low fat milk is used. My husband always cook eggs like that because his mother did.

I, on the other hand make perfect scrambled eggs (head growing bigger by the keystroke) because I use cream and as much as I want. Quantity makes no difference.

Now about the scrambled eggs in hotels. My mother used to make 'scrambled' eggs exactly like that and leave them in her home version of a bain marie (just like in hotels) for us to help ourselves to when we got up.

Basically she scrambled and seasoned her eggs and put them into a pot inside another pot of boiling water and without any further fuss from her, they came out 'scrambled'. When partly cooked she turned the heat off, put the lid on and went to work. We had our own hens so no care in world how many eggs were used. At least I think that is how she did them. I never saw her doing it.

I bet that is how they cook them in hotels as well, only on a grander scale.

buzzy110, Aug 8, 2:48am
Well actually, now that I think about it, she used to used the steam pudding bowl.

coolthree, Aug 8, 2:53am
Yeah i cooked in a high stret cafe years ago if this was requested we cooked the scrambled eggs normally then left them over the gas element in a calender spoon for a min to dry out.

darlingmole, Jan 4, 4:44pm
ha you and me both buzzy~! Love cream in my eggs and everything else actually! to heck with diets! Lucky for me (or unlucky? ) I have a lot of stress in my life so the weight falls off me ... thank goodness too because I love all the wrong foods haha!