Rice pud

zak1998, Aug 6, 1:09am
Does anyone gave a really yummy recipe for rice pudding. My gran used to make the best rice pudding. Sadly she died a couple of years ago but am really wanting to make a really good rice pud. Can anyone help

daisyk, Aug 6, 1:15am
this seems to be a favourte in our house just now. Its a recipe from Elisabeth Pederson.
4 cups milk heated to scalding point
1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup raisins or preferred dried fruit.
3 tab sugar, 25gms butter.
Put rice, dried fruit, sugar and butter into large casserole dish.
Add scalded milk and stir till sugar dissolved and butter melted.
Grate over lots of nutmeg and cook for 1 and 1/2 hours at 160deg. Actually, taking a leaf out of CookEssentials book, I now add 1 tin evapourated milk to the mixture after its been in the oven for 1/2 hour. Lovely

zak1998, Aug 6, 1:17am
Instead of evaporated milk could I use cream?

petal1955, Aug 6, 1:23am
Creamy Rice Pudding

Yummy, had this last night and its the best rice pudding Ive ever tasted. I got it out of the NZ Womens Weekly, it's a Jo Seager one.
8 heaped tablespoons aborio rice
1/4 cup water
300ml milk
300ml cream (or you can use all milk)
Large knob butter
2 tblspns vanilla essence
4 tbspns castor sugar.
METHOD:
Place rice, water, milk and cream in saucepan. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a very gentle simmer. Stir every so often for 20 mins, until the rice has swelled up and thickened. Rice should be soft, but have a little bite to it. Stir in the butter, vanilla and sugar and stir until disolved. Pour into a dish and place under gentle grill for four to five mins until a brown skin develops. Serve with cream. Serves 4.

ttwisty, Dec 31, 7:52am
Honey Rice Pudding

1 cup short grain rice
2 cup water
500ml milk
250ml cream
2Tbsp cornflour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 Tbsp vanilla ess
zest of half a lemon
4Tbsp honey

Pour rice and water into a pot, boil until absorbed. Add the milk, cream, zest and honey, stir constantly with a wooden spoon. When rice startsto thickens mix cornflour with 1/2c milk and add to mixture. stirring until thickens now fold in vanilla.