Grease

mber2, Feb 20, 8:18am
how do get grease out of a cotton shirt without staining it, i have try friend and swarfega
Thanks

margyr, Feb 20, 8:35am
try just straight dish wash liquid, rub it into the stain but not too hard as you may muck up the material, and then just wash as normal, i would put it on tonight and then wash it tomorrow.

245sam, Feb 20, 8:40am
mber2, do you use this?

SPRAY AND WIPE - thanks to TM's boatboy10 who said "It's amazing! ! I have used on all kitchen/bathroom surfaces, windows, mirrors, walls - it's fantastic. Can also use on clothes as stain remover. "

1 litre water
200ml vinegar
40ml each ofdish detergentandeucalyptus oil
2 dssp washing soda crystals

Mix together, put in a spray bottle and use, or add 60ml to a bucket water and use for floors.

This spray & wipe has been a very popular item on the MB and I too recommend it for cleaning purposes and as well I have also used it as a pre-wash spray on clothes with absolutely no ill-effect - IMO it would be worth you trying it too, and in case you're not sure where to find the eucalyptus oil and washing soda crystals; at one of our local Pak n Saves I find the eucalyptus oil near to where they keep the Band-aids, etc. and the washing soda crystals are next to the soap powders in the laundry aisle.

Hope that helps. :-))

Hope that helps. :-))

angel404, Feb 20, 9:01am
oh i have a new shirt with a grease stain on it. so going to try this!

paghan, Feb 20, 9:03am
Is it Malt Vinegar or white?

245sam, Feb 20, 9:08am
paghan, I use white vinegar but I'm not sure whether it really makes a difference whether it's malt or white unless if using it for a stain remover - that's when I really think there's no option but to use white vinegar, just in case the malt vinegar itself caused staining.
:-))

maxwell.inc, Feb 20, 9:14am
Just what ever dish washing liquid I have on hand at the time. . its designed to cut grease, so works perfectly.

nzhel, Aug 24, 4:04pm
I've had success with putting the the part of the item with the grease mark on it in the laundry tub and pouring boiling water from the electric jug just on that patch very carefully. Usually works for me. I've also useddish washing liquid which has been good too depending on the fabric as some material really seems to 'hold' on to grease.
Good luck - I hope you manage to remove it.