Crockpot Stroganoff

pohue, Aug 5, 6:27am
Does anyone have a sure-fire beef stroganoff recipe they could share, please? Have not used my inherited CP before and want to make a yummy dinner for visitors this weekend. Also, any recommendations for what to serve it with for a classy look? Thanks.

245sam, Aug 5, 7:15am
pohue, the following recipe is from the instruction/recipe book for our 20+ years old crockpot - I can assure you that it is successful made exactly as per the recipe.

Here's the recipe as it appeared on Trademe Cooks... . .
"Beef Stroganoff
Serves 4-6. 1 Kg chuck or round steak (cut into thin strips), 2 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp oil, 2 garlic cloves(crushed), 200g mushrooms (sliced), 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 cup beef stock or consommé, 3 tbsp tomato paste, 1 x 300ml carton sour cream. Toss meat in flour. Heat oil in a fry pan & brown meat. Transfer to the Crock-Pot, & add remaining ingredients except sour cream. Cover & cook on Auto/Low for 6-8 hours. In the last 30 minutes of cooking stir through sour cream. Serve with hot buttered noodles. Very very yummy with melt-in-the-mouth meat. posted by 245sam"

For vegetables I suggest that you serve beans and carrots or whatever you and your guests would prefer.

Hope that helps. :-))

fisher, Dec 28, 6:15pm
Heres another... .
Beef Stroganoff
1kg grilling steak (rump or fillet ) thinly cut into strips. . 1 small onion, chopped. . 2 tbsp red wine. . 2 tbsp vinegar. . 225 gm mushrooms. . 1 pkt Maggi Brown Onion Gravy. . 280 ml water. . 1 tin Nestles reduced cream. .
Sauté the steak and onion in a little butter until lightly browned. Add wine, vinegar and mushrooms and cook on low heat for about 5 mins...
Prepare the Onion Gravy with water according to directions on the pkt... Add the meat mixture, fold in the cream and heat through but do not boil...
Garnish with chopped parsley... Serve with boiled rice and green salad... Serves 4