Help birthday dinner!

haydaez, Jul 26, 9:57am
hey im looking for dinner ideas and cake/pudding recipes for my mothers birthday dinner. . Something different from the usual meat and veg. Something delicous that isnt to hard to make as im not the most experienced cook. Any ideas would be great

fisher, Jul 26, 10:31am
What sort of meat does she favour. . does she like fish... has she had any for awhile ? ? and what sort/type of pudding does she like. .

haydaez, Jul 26, 10:48am
yip she loves fish and all seafood but doesnt have it often. . anything choc and custard tart that i no of

darlingmole, Jul 27, 3:25am
if she likes seafood why not splash out on a bag of precooked frozen prawns and either make a prawn green thai curry on rice etc or some garlic prawns? Curried mussels or mussel chowder? And how about a chocolate cinnamon pavloa for dessert? Any of these ideas appeal?

margyr, Jul 27, 5:02am
self saucing choc pudding easy as; 1 cup flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tblespoon coco powder, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 cup milk, 2 tblespoon melted butter, 1 tsp vanilla essence, sift dry ingredients and add milk, butter vanilla essence stir pour into a greased baking dish (I have also done this in coffee cups), now mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 tblspoons coco, spread this gently over the mixture then boil 1 and 1/2 cups of water and pour this gently over the mixture. Bake for 25 mins at 180, serve with cream or ice cream.

margyr, Dec 4, 3:00am
squid rings with sweet chilli dipping sauce, or make a shrimp coctail for a starter. just read in the local paper a recipe for scallops, drain a tin of lychees stuff a scallop inside, wrap in streaky bacon secure with a toothpick and cook in butter.