Cakes

Page 28 / 28
fox_glove, Dec 27, 6:31am
just a lil bump

jenna68, Dec 28, 7:24pm
v. v

barloo, Dec 30, 3:34am
heres a good hint:) Instead of using fresh milk, use milk powder mixed into the dry ingredients and add water instead of milk! I would still use milk when heating and adding BS.

wron, Dec 30, 10:57pm
Was on last page! Can't expire!

lennyb1, Dec 31, 8:37am
Ooo, barloo, you mean.! Oh no, you mean Baking Soda, of course, silly me.

lennyb1, Dec 31, 8:44am
1-2-3-4 cake An old-style pound cake, still a goodie. 200g softened butter, 2c sugar, 4 eggs, 1/2t vanilla, 1/2t almond or lemon essence. 3c flour, 2t baking powder. 200ml milk (maybe a bit more). Cream butter & sugar, run mixer as you add eggs 1 at a time, add essences. Mix together flour & baking powder, then add gradually to butter mix, alternating with milk. Bake in papered 23cm loaf pan at 150C for 1hr 30min.

holly35, Dec 31, 9:24am
Does anyone have a great cheesecake reciepe! Had a great one using condensed milk and chocolate condensed milk but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

wron, Feb 16, 11:57am
Keeping alive! Bump!

karatiana1, Feb 17, 10:34pm
awoodley May I have Mels Secret Choc Cake pretty plz.

hestia, Feb 18, 7:27am
Thanks Copied and pasted a lot of recipes from this thread.

macka51, Feb 23, 8:29am
Firm Chocolate cake Hi peeps, need some help with finding a good solid but still moist chocolate cake for using as a three tier pillared wedding cake.
Would also like to be able to make the cakes and then freeze till needed.Also icing or frosting recipe using chocolate and cream.
Plz email mackiez@xtra.co.nz I would be forever in your debts.

juliewn, Feb 27, 10:04am
Bumping for delicious cakes. yum!

brianmac, Feb 28, 12:40am
Goog girl Julie,you are a gem suppose I should add some more to this then!

brianmac, Feb 28, 2:19am
Oh dera, the spelling is a shambles today! I DID mean GOOD.

sammygirl1, Mar 11, 6:47am
BUMP don't want to lose this

pvilz, Mar 16, 11:37pm
gosh these recipes are good :o) I only ever bake in a blue moon, and last night got inspired to whip up a chockie cake . so made #83s recipe was soo darn quick too.rung to order fish n chips for dinner, quickly made up the cake popped in oven went to pick up fish n chips came home ate and voila! cake was ready lol . very good night last night and family was very impressed :o) Fantastic!

pvilz, Mar 18, 12:52am
bump my daughters making that velvet choc cake again today lol . soo easy for the kids to make as well =)

brianmac, Mar 20, 3:07am
Bumping for the melt n mix coffee on post #20

cazk, Mar 22, 2:05am
so many recipes to try!

bigjules1, Mar 22, 2:15am
sultana cake This recipe requires you to boil 500gm sultanas for about 10 minutes, strain then add 250gm butter (cut into cubes)Put lid back on saucepan and leave to the side to melt.In the meantime beat three eggs and 1 1/2 cups sugar together until light and creamy.Add melted butter and sultana mix, about 1/2 tsp lemon or orange essence plus 1/2 tsp vanilla essence, then stir in 2 1/2 cups flour that has been sifted with a heaped tsp of baking powder.Line your cake tin with foil taking care to square the corners, add the mixture and bake at 170 for about an hour.Check with skewer and adjust your time accordingly. Cool in the tin once cooked. I have made this recipe for years (it comes from my mum's old Country Women's Institute book)