TASTY!! Pasta with creamy bacon & mushroom sauce

kookygirl72, Jul 25, 4:42am
This is a yummy, delicious, easy dish to make (20mins), a little goes a long way. You can add veges to it, serve with a salad or as a side.

Ingredients
*300gm penne pasta (you can use any pasta you like)
*375ml can CARNATION light & creamy evaporated milk
*1 pkt MAGGI creamy white sauce mix
*1 tsp MAGGI garlic stock powder
*250gms mushrooms (sliced)
*4 rashers bacon (diced).
*Chopped Parsely (optional)

In a large saucepan, boil water, then add pasta, cooking till firm to the bite, drain & set aside.

In a large fry-pan (electric is a great size), heat a little oil, add bacon and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the evaporated milk, creamy sauce mix and stock powder (you can pre-mix this in another bowl/jug then add) stirring till thickens. Add mushrooms and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add pasta and parsley and toss to coat pasta with sauce.

Kids love and I'll bet you will too!

ferita, Jul 25, 4:45am
Why not just use cream stock (or white wine) and salt and pepper?
Using packet mixes is crazy, they are only just flavoured thickening agents (flour, cornflour etc)

kookygirl72, Jul 25, 4:48am
On man, but the taste of this dish is delish, I dont mind if they're just thickening agents. And I guess it's idiot proof, found that flatties like it coz it's easy peasy.

darlingmole, Jul 25, 6:03am
kooky - have you been hanging with Jo Seager again? ! (easy peasy is her catch phrase after all! haha! )

vtired, Jul 25, 10:14pm
Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Pasta
25g butter, 1 med onion chopped, 1 clove garlic crushed, 125g Bacon, 185g Mush, 2tblsps flour, 1/2 tsp dry mustard, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 cup tasty cheese, 2tblsps grated parmesan, 2 tblsps chopped fresh parsley, 200g pasta,
Method
Melt butter in frypan add onion and saute til soft, add garlic cook for 30 seconds, add bacon and mush cook 1 minute, stir in flour and mustard, milk and cream, cook til thickened, stir in cheeses. Cook pasta, drain and add to sauce mix then add parsley.
I cook the flour and mustard a minute before adding milk and cream to work out the flour taste. I make this often andit always goes down very well and is nice and tasty.

nauru, Jul 27, 1:15am
Creamy Ham and Mushroom Sauce
1tablsp olive oil
1 med onion chopped
2-3 cloves garlic chopped
2 slice ham chopped
2-3 cups mushrooms sliced
1/2teasp dried thyme
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cream,
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 teasp cornflour made to a paste with a little water or milk

Put oil in pan, add onion & garlic, saute until soft, add chopped ham and thyme, cook 1 min. Add mushroom and continue to cook until soft. Stir in milk & cream and heat through add cornflour paste and stir over med heat until thickened. Stir in parsley and serve with any kind of pasta topped with parmesan cheese.

angel361, Jul 27, 11:05pm
Made the first one last nite, was quick, easy and yummy. Made heaps, had it as a side with chicken nibbles, have got leftovers for lunch today, thanks for the recipe, any more quick, easy and yummy ones would be greatly appreciated people, ta

sew.obsessed, Jul 29, 6:43am
Bumping for more recipes . . .

angel361, Aug 2, 8:22am
Anyone?
Any more quick, easy and yummy recipies, ta

lythande1, Dec 22, 3:16am
Not to mention it's cheaper than using packets. And read the nasty ingredients in packet mixes. Gross.