Need to feed 30 males tomorrow...recipes please!!

Page 1 / 2
bek83, Jul 23, 3:52am
I have alot of stewing meat? ? and I dont want to spend alot of money as I dont get reimbursed very much, so any cheap ideas would be great! ! !

lilyfield, Jul 23, 3:56am
a huge meatpie and an even bigger coleslaw

bread and marg to fill upon, pot of marmite.

seniorbones, Jul 23, 3:58am
A big casserolle full of veges and your meat, cook it slow and long if its stewing meat, you dont have to go to too much expensive just onions carrots and potatoes and flavour it with beef stock or red wine if you have it, serve in soup type bowls/dishes andhave nice warm crusty bread with it.

millenium1, Jul 23, 3:59am
Beef & Red Wine Casserole.
Curried Beef Hotpot.
Shepherds Pie.
Beef Stroganoff depending on type of stewing meat.
Anything with beef and mushrooms usually goes down a treat with a group of men. You can't go wrong.

fishheadsoup, Jul 23, 3:59am
HUGE bacon and egg pie!

bek83, Jul 23, 4:00am
Yeah was thinking that sounds like a gower! ! ... thank you!

cookessentials, Jul 23, 4:02am
I would go for the casserole- good, long slow cooking will give you a delicious tender meat. Add reasonably priced vegetables such as carrots, onion etc. Add good stock and seasoning, bay leaves and the like. Thicken half way through to make a rich gravy and serve with creamy mash and a green vegetable on the side if you wish such as cabbage which is reasonably cheap right now.

justdelite, Jul 23, 4:14am
A big beef slow cooked casserole will be a hit. You could do a big chilli as well with rice, lots of beans in it with mince and lots of tomatoes which will bulk it up.

lizab, Jul 23, 4:16am
bek83 - poor you having to feed 30 males! ! ! Good luck with that! ! ! I'd defo go for a lovely beef stew as per the comments above or a beef curry. You can always serve the stew with rice if you don't fancy peeling all those spuds! Have fun! ! :)

shiyo, Jul 23, 6:04am
the stew and some yummy mash... do you make bread. I love making bread dough in the bread maker then taking small pieces rolling in flour and putting in a cake ring tin, sprinkle with rock salt and rosemary, then bake. Looks very impressive. Pull apart bread already to go with the stew and mash!

juliewn, Jul 23, 7:59am
If making a big casserole or stew, chop up some leeks - green parts included, and add those - they'll add flavour and increase the quantity too. .

creek, Jul 23, 8:15am
mince the meat make some rissoles put between buns

elliehen, Jul 23, 9:26am
And herbed dumplings?

alewis, Jul 23, 9:33am
how about a bit of damper bread to soak up the gravey flavour its a tummy filler as well, rice base could work as well blokes are about quantity more to feel full
lots of carrots in casserlole as well and spinach just merges with it as well

bek83, Jul 23, 10:28am
Sheesh so many options! ! thanks guys... ... going with the casserole, nice and easy ( I hope it's nice haha)... ... ... thanks again! ! ! ! ! !

nzhel, Jul 23, 10:46am
plenty of bread rolls too - good for filling up!

rkcroft, Jul 23, 11:01am
beef curry and rice - great way to use up the stewing meat. Most men I know love a good curry. Doesn't have to be hot and curry goes well with beer.

ferita, Jul 23, 6:27pm
Even just a stew with rice (or make a stew and add some curry powder LOL)

buzzy110, Jul 24, 3:24am
Probably done and dusted by now but by adding cooked red beans to the stew and some chilli you create a sort of chilli con carne. (I say sort of, because real ccc doesn't really have much else but beans, meat, garlic, chilli and onions It will also help to make the meat go further.

elliehen, Jul 24, 6:35am
Authentic Texas chilli con carne has a handful of red dirt thrown into it too :)

elliehen, Jul 24, 6:40am
Just curious... . where are all the women? ?

lizab, Jul 24, 8:10pm
lol elliehen - good question, wonder what they're all doing? Maybe it's a rugby thing? ?

uli, Jul 24, 9:03pm
cooking of course - they have to feed 30 males - remember?

elliehen, Jul 25, 3:35am
Not my generation ;)

darlingmole, Nov 27, 2:45am
okjay - so how did it go and what did you feed the bloke~folk? ?