Recipes to use up lots of cottage cheese. Help!

ninak, Jul 22, 9:26pm
Hi, I have 7 x 500g cartons of cottage cheese that were in the freezer (which is no longer working! ! ). Can anyone provide me with any recipes which use lots of cottage cheese in them? I have one recipe for savoury cottage cheese loaf and have made two of those already, so anything else will be helpful, otherwise my chooks are going to think all their Christmases have come at once! Thankyou all in advance!

jellybeanbee04, Jul 22, 9:28pm
Hmm Mum used to make a vege lasganer that had cottage cheese in it and was really nice, not sure on the recipe though.

rainrain1, Jul 22, 9:28pm
It would be OK in a quiche

cgvl, Jul 23, 1:07am
spinach? silverbeet pie.
Doesn't need a base but you can do a pastry one if desired.
1large onion, 1-2 cloves garlic crushed, 2 Tbsp oil. saute the previous 2 ingredients in the oil until soft. Add 500g spinach or silverbeet cook gently over a low heat for approx 10mins. allow to cool slightly. In a bowl mix together 2 eggs, ½tsp nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, 250g cottage cheese and ½cup grated cheese.
Combine the two mixes and pour into a deep pie dish. Cover if desired with a lattice top. Cook 180C for 45-60mins or until set and top a light golden colour.

ruby19, Jul 23, 5:49am
SPINACH AND CHEESE CANELLONI.
500g cottage cheese, 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan, 1 defrosted pkt of spinach about 250-300g, squeezed dry, freshly grated nutmeg, 1 clove garlic, crushed. Combine the above really well and use as a cannelloni filling, layer in a single layer and top with 500ml of your fav pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese and cook for about 30min @ 180oc, or until golden.

ruby19, Jul 23, 5:50am
Make some dips, just blitz in food processor until smooth.

elliehen, Jul 23, 12:48pm
Make a vegetarian Lasagne with the following layer (plus the usual Italian pasta sauce and white sauce).

Cook lightly salted till softened in 1 Tblsp oil APPROX 4 cups of vegetables: 1-2 onions, 2 cloves garlic, 1 grated carrot, chopped spinach/silverbeet, 2 chopped zucchini, 4 mushrooms, 1 red & 1 green pepper. When cool, add & combine 1 cup cottage cheese and whisk in one egg.

ninak, Jul 22, 9:26pm
Hi, I have 7 x 500g cartons of cottage cheese that were in the freezer (which is no longer working!!).Can anyone provide me with any recipes which use lots of cottage cheese in them?I have one recipe for savoury cottage cheese loaf and have made two of those already, so anything else will be helpful, otherwise my chooks are going to think all their Christmases have come at once! Thankyou all in advance!

jellybeanbee04, Jul 22, 9:28pm
Hmm Mum used to make a vege lasganer that had cottage cheese in it and was really nice, not sure on the recipe though.

cgvl, Jul 23, 1:07am
spinach?silverbeet pie.
Doesn't need a base but you can do a pastry one if desired.
1large onion, 1-2 cloves garlic crushed, 2 Tbsp oil. saute the previous 2 ingredients in the oil until soft. Add 500g spinach or silverbeet cook gently over a low heat for approx 10mins. allow to cool slightly. In a bowl mix together 2 eggs, ½tsp nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, 250g cottage cheese and ½cup grated cheese.
Combine the two mixes and pour into a deep pie dish. Cover if desired with a lattice top. Cook 180C for 45-60mins or until set and top a light golden colour.

ruby19, Jul 23, 5:49am
SPINACH AND CHEESE CANELLONI.
500g cottage cheese, 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan, 1 defrosted pkt of spinach about 250-300g, squeezed dry, freshly grated nutmeg, 1 clove garlic, crushed. Combine the above really well and use as a cannelloni filling, layer in a single layer and top with 500ml of your fav pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese and cook for about 30min @ 180oc, or until golden.

ruby19, Jul 23, 5:50am
Make some dips, just blitz in food processor until smooth.

elliehen, Jul 23, 12:48pm
Make a vegetarian Lasagne with the following layer (plus the usual Italian pasta sauce and white sauce).

Cook lightly salted till softened in 1 Tblsp oil APPROX 4 cups of vegetables: 1-2 onions, 2 cloves garlic, 1 grated carrot, chopped spinach/silverbeet, 2 chopped zucchini, 4 mushrooms, 1 red & 1 green pepper.When cool, add & combine 1 cup cottage cheese and whisk in one egg.

lilyfield, Jul 25, 10:07am
cheesecake- just blitz it to quark consitency.

make desserts- same ,blitz it ,add fruitjuice- lemon-sugar vanilla-yum