Steak sauce recipes

vixen09, Jul 22, 2:47am
we are having steak for dinner tonight and I want a different Steak Sauce recipe to have with it. Preferably 1 without mushroom

thanks in advance

fisher, Jul 22, 4:50am
Tomato and Onion Sauce
Ingredients:
2cloves crushed garlic. . freshly ground black pepper. . 1 small bunch finely chopped fresh parsley and fresh basil. . 1/2 cup stock. .
1/4 cup tomato puree or sauce. . 2 onions quartered and flaked. .
Method:
Drizzle chopped onions with olive oil in a shallow metal baking dish. Place in oven and fan grill at 225c for 15 mins turning half way through. .
Place the baking dish on the stove top and add all the other ingredients and simmer for 2-3 mins stirring all the while until blended and hot. .
Variation:
Add 1/4 tsp paprika and 1/4 tsp of chilli power to the sauce for a bit of bite

fisher, Jul 22, 4:56am
Onion Sauce:
1 large onion. . 25gm butter. . 1 heaped tbsp flour. . 300ml vege water or vegetable stock. . 1 bay leaf . . 1 tsp dried sage. .
salt and pepper. . dash of shoyu (or dark soy sauce). .
Peel and chop the onion... Melt the butter in a frypan and sauté the onion with the sage and bay leaf for 5 mins...
Stir in the flour and cook for another 10 minutes until the onion is very soft and the flour has browned... Keep your eye on it...
Do not let the flour burn. Now gradually add the water, stirring to prevent lumps, and bring to the boil... Add the shoyu...
Add the seasoning and cook for another 10 minutes... Remove the bay leaf and serve as it is or blend into a smooth sauce...

crystalmoon, Jul 22, 4:59am
You could make up some herbed butters, Butter, chopped herb's, tobasco sauce, chilli, garlic what ever you like really. Mix well roll into log in cling film, chill and then add a slice just as it goes to the table. Mmmmmmmmmm

fisher, Jul 22, 5:04am
Yup... good idea. . butter rings melting on the steak. .
I do it mainly for BBQ's. .

Herb Butter:
125g butter "softened". . 1 tbsp very finely chopped spring onions. . 1 tbsp chopped chives. . 2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley. . 2 tbsp dried mixed herbs. . 1/4 tsp of WHITE pepper
Mix all ingredients and beat until smooth. . Form into a roll using glad wrap and place in freezer for an hour and then remove to fridge.
Place a 1cm ring or two on top of steaks. .
Great on vegetables hot rolls or bread sticks. .

vixen09, Jul 22, 5:33am
thanks for all the great ideas

pickles7, Jul 22, 5:38am
After the turn, put a smear of mustard over the steak and sprinkle on some brown sugar, by the time you have opened a good bottle of red, the steak will be, "Good to go".

socram, Jul 22, 7:34am
Fastest sauce ever - sour cream with a fortified sweet red wine (sherry, marsala), and maybe a touch of chilli. Just add to the pan with the steak still in it.

pickles7, Jul 22, 8:30am
yummmmy, I used to use a lot of brandy, pureed fruits and brandy.
sour cream , brandy and ch. chili.
fast, easy, clean, fresh, light, what more can you say.

socram, Nov 19, 8:50pm
LOL - and I bet people who have tasted it ask you for the recipe too!