Broccoli soup

seniorbones, Jul 21, 6:38am
anyone have a recipe and also can it be frozen. . all the broccoli in my garden is ready at the same time and even some have had to go to the chooks!

margyr, Jul 21, 6:48am
this is from an old thread http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=22&t=214

There is at least one recipe there for Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup but if you find another recipe that you prefer then I suggest that you do as I/we do whenever I have some blue cheese to spare i. e. we add it, in quantities to suit our personal tastes, to just about any soup e. g. broccoli, cauliflower, kumara, leek and potato... . :-))

Edited by 245sam at 9:10 pm, Tue 25 May
Quote 245sam (11 )9:06 pm, Tue 25 May #2

margyr, Jul 21, 6:50am
opps sorry, trademe cooks is no longer available, perhaps if you google broccoli soup you may find some recipes, and yes you can freeze it, just blanch it and then freeze either in serve size or free flow it. good luck it is lovely.

purplegoanna, Jul 21, 6:56am
nigella has recipes for a broc & cauli soup and a broc & blue cheese soup... ive seen her make both and they looked devine. .

fisher, Jul 21, 7:49am
Broccoli Soup
500g broccoli. . 25 g butter. . 1 tsp sugar. . 60g cheese. . 5 cups chicken stock. . 3/4 cup cream. . 1 onion, chopped. . salt and pepper . .
Sauté onions in butter. . Add coarsely chopped broccoli, stalks included. . Cover with stock and bring to boil, simmer till tender.
Put thru blender or use hand wand... Return to pot and add sugar, seasonings, cheese and milk... Heat but do not boil...

ferita, Jul 21, 7:50am
The nicest broccoli soup I have ever had is just by cooking the broccoli in stock then processing it in a food processor. Finish it off with a dash of butter and season to taste.

calista, Jul 21, 8:15am
Me too ferita - though I am partial to adding a wee bit of blue cheese. You would have to add it when you were thawing the soup though as I don't think it would freeze well (I may be wrong as I haven't tried it).