Recipe wanted for xmas fruit mince slice

johne21, Nov 17, 11:25pm
x1
There is a cafe in Hastings that has the most to die for xmas fruit mince slice... (already asked for the recipe NO GO! ! ! ) Any way it has a shortbread/ shortcake taste with fruit mince sandwiched in between and white sugar sprinkled on top. Today I asked if it had nuts or egg in and they said no... hoping that will narow down the search, for the recipe. . Has anyone got a yum recipe I would be so grateful... Thanks so much... Wendy

cgvl, Nov 17, 11:34pm
x1
is it similar to a fruit slice commonly called fly cemetary in some circles.
My thoughts would be that the fruit probably mixed fruit or a mix of dried fruits soaked for several days/weeks in either whisky, brandy, or fruit juice, then possibly gelatine added to it.
I will have a look in my books

cgvl, Nov 17, 11:42pm
x1
sorry all my recipes appear to use bought fruit mince. I do know that the mix contains grated apple, sultana's, raisins, currants, peel and juice of lemon or orange or both, spices generally cinnamon and mixed spice and as above some whisky. then thickened with either arrowroot or cornflour or gelatine. sorry will keep looking but the only other recipe I found had nuts in it

fifie, Nov 18, 3:35am
x1
#1 There is a recipe for a fruit mince slice here http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=16&t=23 or if thats not suitable Alison holsts fruit mince with apple and either whiskey or brandy is very nice and full of flavour. Sorry can't find her recipe at the moment, but i'd just make a nice shortcake spread half with the fruit mince put the other half on top, bake cut into squares and sprinkle icing sugar on top to serve.

pickles7, Nov 18, 4:19am
x1
In the search function , on your left , Write ... pickles7... on the key word member space, and scrole down to ... anytime ... on the date posted, . You may find what you are looking for there.

didi37, Nov 18, 10:57am
x1
In one of the A Holst's books - the muffin one I think there is a really yummy slice. Easy, uses fruit mince.

cookessentials, Nov 18, 5:54pm
x1
Sounds like my dream bars recipe which I am pretty sure is in the biscuits and slices thread. It has probably been transferred to Trademecooks also. It may come under my "Brianmac" username.

cookessentials, Nov 19, 8:46am
x1
Here it is
#

Dream Bars These have Christmas fruit mince in them, BUT they are delicious, even for those (like me) who dont like fruit mince.
BASE:90g butter;1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed;1 cup plain flour. TOPPING:2 eggs;1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed;1 tsp vanilla;1 tbsp plain flour;1/2 tsp baking powder;1 1/2 cups coconut;1 cup bottled fruit mince. Beat butter with sugar until light & creamy. Stir in sifted flour, mix well. Press into 28x18cm lamington pan lined with greased paper. cont... .

brianmac (129 )5:55 pm, Sun 9 Jul #9
#

cont... Bake in mod oven 10 mins. Remove from oven and spread with prepared topping, bake a further 25-30 mins, until firm and golden brown. Allow to cookl in tin. When cold, dust with sifted icing sugar. Cut into slices.
TOPPING:Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick and creamy. Fold in sifted dry ing, coconut and fruit mince. Mix well.

brianmac (129 )5:58 pm, Sun 9 Jul #10

cookessentials, Aug 20, 6:54am
x1
If you are not a fan of Christmas mince, like me, try this recipe it is really nice.