Pumpkin soup easy recipe please

carmy2, Jul 19, 3:40am
thnks

darlingmole, Jul 19, 3:44am
Cut up your pumpkin and ROAST it. This makes all the difference in the taste department.

In a large pot melt butter (depends on how much soup you want to make ... I have to feed 10 of us so I use about 100g), add 1/2 T curry powder - fry for a minute then add flour to make a bubbley paste then gradually stir in milk. Adding cream is also rather delicious!

Once pumpkin is roasted remove the flesh from the skin and mash well. Add this to the above mixture. Serve with a dollop of sourcream on top and freshly chopped parsley.

Very easy, very taste

lilyfield, Jul 19, 3:45am
put pumpkin soup in the searchbox on left and you will find 101 recipes

cap, Jul 19, 4:14am
I saute onions, garlic and bacon and add curry powder. Then I add the pumpkin and a little chicken stock (not too much as I like it thick). Once tender I add a tin of light coconut evaporated milk and blend it with my stick blender. For me the curry powder and coconut milk make all the difference. The coconut milk smells great and makes it look and taste creamy.

wd-sm, Jul 19, 4:18am
Large pot. Cut up 1 Kumera, 1/2 pumpkin, , 2 carrots. 2 tsp chicken stock mixed with water, add enough water to get a simmer/ boil happening. while thats cooking fry bacon, add that to pot when cooked. once pumpkin is soft get a hand whizz and whip it, whip it good. add milk to thin it and parsely on top to serve. salt n pepper

fisher, Jul 19, 4:28am
Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients:
2 rashers bacon. . 1 medium onion. . 2 cups "steamed" pumpkin. . 1 pint stock. . 1/2 tsp salt. . 1 tsp curry powder. . pinch of thyme. . 1 tsp soya sauce. .
Method:
Cut bacon into small pieces and sauté with onions using a little butter... Add steamed, mashed pumpkin and remaining ingredients.
Simmer until flavours blended. Blend with electric wand and add a little cream if desired... Sprinkle ofparsley on top... Taste, adjust seasoning. .

fisher, Jul 19, 4:31am
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Electric hand wand is ideal
Ingredients:. .
1 tbsp butter. . 1 large onion, chopped. . 2 cups chicken stock. . 1 kg "steamed" pumpkin, peeled. . 2 tsp grated fresh root ginger. .
1 tsp ground nutmeg. . 1 tbsp cornflour. . 2 cups mil. . ksalt and freshly ground black pepper. . 2 tbsp chopped parsley...
Method:
Heat butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Puree the steamed pumpkin, ginger and nutmeg with the chicken stock. . Now add to the onions. Cover and let simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until the ingredients are tender. If required, puree the mixture again... Mix the cornflour into a small amount of the milk, then stir in the remaining milk. . Add to the soup mixture. .
Reheat, stirring constantly, until the soup thickens, then season with the salt and black pepper. . Sprinkle of chopped parsley on top.
Variations:
Grate some potatoes or kumara into the mix while simmering
Replace milk with 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of cream...
Add 1 tsp of curry powder or some very finely chopped rosemary...

waswoods, Nov 11, 6:10pm
Where's purplegoana? her recipe is delicious!