Caramel Slice

new-one, Feb 18, 10:59pm
x2
anyone know of any good recipes?
made one the other day but the base wasn't right...
it was too soft... .
any one know of any fail proof recipes?

new-one, Feb 18, 11:06pm
can anyone help me or not?

msid, Feb 18, 11:08pm
will put one up in a few minutes - very easy-peasy, very yummy! ! !

new-one, Feb 18, 11:10pm
cool thank you :)
yes love caramel slice... the caramel and chocolate part of mine was perfect... . the base not so much... . haha

245sam, Feb 18, 11:12pm
new-one, here's a recipe that IMO is definitely fail-proof... . .

CARAMEL CRUMBLE
This slice is very like Tan Slice but just stirred together with no creaming of the butter & sugar. As its name suggests its topping is more crumbly but personally I like it better - to make and to eat! ! Caramel Topping:
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp golden syrup,
¼ cup brown sugar
55g (2oz) butter

Mix all the topping ingredients together in a bowl over hot water for 5 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool slightly.
Base:
1½ cups flour.
1 tsp baking powder
115g (½ cup) sugar,
½ tsp vanilla essence,
115g (4oz) melted butter

Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the vanilla essence and the melted butter and mix to a fairly soft crumbly consistency. Press approximately two thirds-three quarters of this crumbly mixture into a greased sponge roll tin, then spread the caramel topping over. Sprinkle over the remaining crumble mixture.
Bake at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes.
Allow to cool then cut into fingers or squares.

This recipe and more caramel slice recipes can be found at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=610

msid, Feb 18, 11:12pm
Base: 2* 200g packs timtams, 60g melted butter
Crush timtams, mix in melted butter and press into swiss roll tin. Refrigerate.

Filling: 500g jersey caramels, ¼ cup cream
Zap in short bursts in microwave until caramels are melted and the mixture combines when stirred. Spread over base and refrigerate until firm.

Topping: 200g dark chocolate, 30g butter
Zap in short bursts in microwave until melted and combined. Spread over filling.

Best stored in refrigerator. VERY yummy.

245sam, Feb 18, 11:17pm
new-one, I note that, like myself, you're a lover of chocolate and a caramel so maybe if you'd like to try the above Caramel Crumble recipe, then you might like to try the idea that I've had re adapting that recipe to be both caramel and chocolate - yum! ! - I'm going to try asap, substituting some of the flour with cocoa which should make a slice very similar to one that a bought one that I tried a while ago - it was lovely and chocolatey with a nice creamy caramel filling/topping so to achieve that I'm also thinking of maybe doubling the caramel topping quantities in the Caramel Crumble Slice recipe.
:-))

cookessentials, Feb 19, 1:09am
I have bumped the biscuits and slices thread for you. I am sure there is one on there.

willow132, Feb 19, 1:16am
1c SR flour, 1c brown sugar, 1c coconut, 125g butter.
sift flour into bowl, add sugar & coconut stir until combined.
melt butter in pan add to dry ingredients mix well.
press into greased tin bake 10 min in moderate oven

willow132, Feb 19, 1:17am
Then add prepared caramel and return to oven for another 10 mins

tinkerbell103, Sep 12, 6:09pm
Here's a recipe similiar to yours willow132...

3 weetbix crushed. . 1 tsp B/Powder. . 1C coconut. . 3/4C sugar. . 1C flour. . 125g butter melted. . Mix all dry ingredients together. . add butter and mix well. . Press into slab tin. . Bake for 15 mins. . 180C

Topping. . 1/2 tin condensed milk. . 1tblsp butter. . 2 tsps golden syrup. .
Heat in a pot until blended. . pour over base and cook for a further 5 mins. . while hot ice. .