Anyone know how to make a yummy moist carrot cake?

Page 1 / 2
hairchopper1, Sep 8, 1:28pm
#5 that was me who got that then i lost it so pleased to be lurking in here & come across it! thanks! #28 you will find the recipe from the red beret is from the mooring which was the grain & grape where my cake recipe came from, the red beret owners once worked at the grain & grape, Small town they all have the same recipe! lol

dodgy76, Sep 10, 10:56pm
This is my recipe for carrot cake and its super moist. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a bowl add 1/1/2 cups oil, 3 eggs, 1 cup sugar, 3 cups grated carrot, 1tsp vanilla ess, 1 cup sultanas, sml packet walnut pieces, 1/2 cup of juice. Sift 3 cups flour, 2 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp baking soda. Add to wet mix. If it is a bit dry add a little more juice.cook in lge cake tin for 90 min at 150 degrees. Cream Cheese icing - 1 pottle of traditional cream cheese at room temp or microwave for approx 30 secs, 200 gms butter, 1 tsp vanilla essence. Beat together until smoothe and creamy. Add icing sugar start off approx 3 cups, add more if you want beat again until peaks form with icing.

245sam, Sep 16, 3:34am
bumped for tja12 from #304 on page 4. :-))

valentino, Sep 27, 1:00am
z... .

puppetman, May 20, 10:30pm
x1
There are carrot cakes and there are CARROT CAKES! :) We went to a cafe 3 weeks ago and got a dry thing with a bit of icing, then yesterday went to another cafe and got the most amazing moist carrot cake I have had in my life. It had thick ummm whats that icing called they put on? Is it cream cheese or mock icing or something? ANyone got or found online a successful recipe?

245sam, May 20, 10:37pm
puppetman, carrot cake has been a regular topic on this MB so if you have a look through you'll find several threads with recipes e. g. "Best Carrot Cake Recipe? " which is a little further down on page 1. Hope that helps. You'll also find more Carrot Cake recipes at:- http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=646

puppetman, May 20, 11:01pm
I scanned down the first page, but then wondered how far I would have to go. :) Thanks for that. Yes, I imagine every food has been covered here...

doree36, May 20, 11:39pm
a prize winner 75grms butter, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, , 1 150grm pot sour cream. 3 eggs, 1 cup plain
white flour, 1 1/2 tesapoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon mixed spice, 1 1/2 teaspoons
cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup wholemeal flour, 2 cups grated carrots, 1/4 cup
raisins (walnuts too if you wish).
CREAM CHEESE ICING 1/2 cup cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon
vanilla essence or lemon juice, 2 1/2 cups icing sugar.
Soften butter, beat in sugar, add sour creamand eggs and beat thoroughly. Sift flour,
baking soda, mixed spice cinnamon and salt. Add wholemeal flour. Fold into sour
cream mixture add grated carrots and raisins and nuts. Put Into greased and lined 20
cm square cake tin. Bake 180c for about 1 hour. When cold ice with cream cheese
icing. CREAM CHEESE ICING
Beat cream cheese until soft. add softened butter and vanilla or lemon juice and beat
well. Gradually beat in sifted icing sugar until smooth A really Super Cake - I have
won many cooking competitions with this cake.

raevah, May 21, 2:45am
Here's a good one From off here, although I can't recall the original poster's name, she was kind enough to go to the trouble to get it from the cafe. It keeps for ages and is really moist, especially if you grate the carrot really finely and process the apricots and sultanas a bit.
*MOTUEKA GRAIN & GRAPE CARROT CAKE

(CAFE now called The Mooring) 2 Cups of wholemeal Flour 2 Cups of sugar 2 tspn of Mixed spice 2 tspn Cinnamon 2 tspn of Baking Soda 1 Cup of Walnuts 1/2 Cup of Pumpkin seeds 1 Cup of Sultanas 1 Cup of chopped up dried Apricots
750gm Grated Carrots 1 1/2 Cups oil 4 eggs 2 tspn Vanilla Mix all the ingredients together except the ones above, (carrots oil eggs vanilla) add grated carrots, mix well whisk up 1 1/2 Cups oils with the 4 eggs add the vanilla, then Fold Carefully into the dry ingredients DO NOT OVER MIX Bake at 170oc for up to 2 hours keep an eye on it, Dont forget to line the tin, makes 1 large cake

raevah, May 21, 2:46am
...continued THE ICING is in the edmonds cook book, Its all cream cheese with lemon juice i think & maybe icing sugar, The topping on the icing if i remember rightly was chopped up dried apricots, & pumpkin seeds,

245sam, May 21, 2:50am
the recipe at #5 is on the link at #2 The original poster of that recipe was hairchopper1 who at the time was busily packing, amongst everything else that needed to be done. hairchopper1, if you've made the move south I hope it went well and that you and yours are settling nicely into the deep south, and if you're still in the process of moving - all the best for the big move. :-))

purplegoanna, May 21, 5:09am
this one is so easy its silly PG's Carrot Cake
2c flour (1 plain & 1 wholemeal), 2c sugar (1 white & 1 raw), 2 tsp cinnamon, 2tsp b/soda, 4 beaten eggs, 1c oil, 3c grated carrots. Mix dry ingredients add oil then eggs & carrots, Bake at 170-180’ for approx an hour or until cooked. Its like a one dish cake and i bet ya it's all eaten b4 it goes stale! ... its one i take camping cause it stays fresh so long... .

wron, Jun 4, 5:17am
Again Bump

bev00, Jun 11, 7:56am
and again >>>

otako, Jun 11, 10:25am
moist cake I use the edmonds recipe which recommends 180 degrees for 40 mins.
In a 20 cm dish any longer is too dry.
Edmonds icing is 2 tbsp butter, 1/2
tsp grated lemon rind, 1/4 cup cream cheese, 1 cup icing sugar. For a creamier icing use 1/2 cream cheese.

deus701, Jun 11, 2:18pm
yeah, the moteuka one was high class! quick and easy is the kitchen whisk one!

princesskiwi, Jun 11, 9:09pm
Try this. I swear, is the most DELICIOUS ever. Whenever I make it I just get so many compliments.

1 cup oil
1½ cups brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups grated carrot
1¾ cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup walnuts
¼ cup sunflower seeds

Icing
250g carton cream cheese
¼ cup icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
½ cup toasted muesli

Line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper and heat the oven to 180°C.

Beat the oil and sugar with a wooden spoon. Add eggs and carrot and mix well. Fold in the dry ingredients, nuts and seeds and spoon into the prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour.

Mix the cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon rind. When the cake is cool, ice and sprinkle with toasted muesli

otako, Jun 12, 3:16am
#12 correction for creamier icing 1/2 cup cream cheese. Also I grate the three cups of carrot onto a chopping board then use a large chef knife for a couple of minutes to cut it into finer bits, gives more juice too.

indigojo, Jun 12, 3:33am
#5 I used this cake for miss4 birthday cake recently, I had heaps of compliments on the cake, it was full of flavour and so moist, will be making it again...

wron, Jun 18, 8:37am
Keeping alive as it's pretty close to the bottom of the last page

jo-anne, Jun 20, 6:28am
I use the Carrot Cake recipe at www.chelsea.co.nz. Moist and very yummy.

meescha, Jun 20, 9:36am
CARROT CAKE WITH A TWIST INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil(or butter)
2 cups finely grated carrots (about 3 to 4 medium carrots)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 can (8 or 12 ounces) well drained pineapple
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided

DIRECTIONS:
In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients; stir to blend.
Add eggs, oil, shredded carrots, and vanilla; beat until
well blended. Stir in pineapple, coconut, and the walnuts.
Pour into a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden
pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Place cake in pan on a rack to cool. (once cooled you can
frost if desired using below recipe)

fruitluva2, Jun 20, 9:47pm
thanx #5 Doree for your recipe, I'm gonna try it this week. Cheers

fruitluva2, Jun 20, 9:49pm
oops error #4 I mean doree

cheers

doree36, Jun 21, 1:32am
Hi fruitluva. Interested to know how you like it - everyone does. Cheers