Got a nice smoked kahawai! Ideas ...

wiggles123, Jul 16, 10:41pm
... for a yummy way to prepare it for dinner please! ?

fisher, Jul 16, 11:07pm
x1
Smoked Fish Croquettes
Make a heavy white sauce and add half a finely diced onion or a tbsp of onion flakes and some fine chopped parsley and white pepper . . Add your smoked fish which has been broken into small pieces and ensuring no bones. . mix all this well together. Refrigerate till cold and firm and then shape into croquettes. .
Dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs...
Deep fry, until golden brown and heated through...
Nice served with creamy mashed potatoes and peas...
Remember, the fish is already cooked so just crispy brown on the outside. .

fisher, Jul 16, 11:12pm
Smoked Fish Pie...
Ingredients:
1 leek, trimmed, rinsed and finely chopped. . 420g can Watties Condensed Creamy Pumpkin Soup. . 1/2 cup lite sour cream. . 1/2 cup milk. . 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley. . 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind. . 350g smoked fish, skinned, deboned and flaked . . 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered. .
Method:
Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan, gently cook leeks until tender. Mix together the Creamy Pumpkin Soup with the lite sour cream and milk... Beat until smooth. . Stir in cooked leeks, parsley, lemon rind, smoked fish and eggs, season with white pepper...
Transfer to an ovenproof dish... top with mashed potatoes. .
Fan bake at 200ºC for 20 minutes in centre of oven or until the fish pie is golden brown on top. .

cookessentials, Jul 16, 11:13pm
For me, it would be smoked fish kedgeree with rice, the smoked fish, parsley, hard boiled eggs and toasted peanuts.

beaker59, Jul 17, 1:15am
My smoked fish pie is very much like yours Fisher though I would use onions and a simple cheese sauce. Always the eggs they are one of the niceest bits and I may add a few veg like steamed broccolli or peas and I would top the mashed potatoes with grated cheese.

Also enjoy just picking at the fish with a few beers out on the deck with a few mates specially if the fish is still warm straight out of the smoker.

jag5, Jul 17, 9:09am
Just heat it through and eat it. Yum

Or... . serve with an white onion sauce, or... . white parsley sauce.

mokaumoi, Jul 17, 9:15am
I never get to make a recipe with a smoked kahawai- it just gets picked and eaten off the skin! ! The best smoked fishI reckon.

lythande1, Jul 18, 4:54am
I'd just eat it with some crusty bread and a green salad, why add to it, it's so scrumptious as is.

pickles7, Nov 7, 5:48pm
Parsley sauce ... I wouldn't add onion to any fish dish, myself.