Biscuit On a Stick

vtec_babe, Jul 15, 12:55am
Im wanting to make biscuits to put two together on a ice block stick to look like a biscuit lollpypop sort of thing for a kids party, how would i got about this? or does someone have a recipe im a baking newbiew

pam.delilah, Jul 15, 1:11am
do click on this link
www.notquitenigella.com/2010/06/08/lollipop-cookies
and it will take to one of my favorite websites and has a really good lolly pop biscuit recipe.

Let me know how you get on

lala2, Jul 15, 1:14am
how about melting moments and when you come to ice them together pop the ice block or kebarb stick in between.

cookessentials, Jul 15, 2:04am
You can get a particular tin for this too. It is called a cake-sicle pan
http://www.norpro.com/store/products/ns-cake-sicle-pan-w25-s
ticks
it comes with the wooden sticks and recipes. I think theydo a heart shaped one also.

lisa7, Jul 15, 8:09am
Another link to look at...
http://www.bakerella.com/tartelette-these-are-for-you/

jaybee2003, Jul 15, 10:12am
Are you wanting something like this?
http://images. trademe.co.nz/photoserver/93/137525993_full. jp
g
These Fairy Wands were made and decorated by our granddaughters aged 4 and 2, with help from Granny here.

We used biscuit cutters for the shape. I opted to use a very basic biscuit mix, so the girls could mold and cut it easily etc. Any sort of plain biscuit recipe would work though.

You could, as you suggested, once cooked and cooled - glue two and the sticks together with icing, or if you have the patience, ice the back of the sticked biscuit once the front has dried and set. However, I will say, depending on the age of the children, the size of our ones were more than enough biscuit for a child. I think if there were two together, it could be a bit much biscuit? Little kids really only want the icing and the sweet decorations. . hahaha. .

Anyway. . Here's a basic biscuit recipe you might like to try, with the method included for a newbie. :-) This is the one we used. You could use a gingerbread biscuit recipe too if you wanted.

Plain biscuit mixture for shaped biscuits:
Ingredients: 100g butter, 75g castor sugar, 1 1/2 C sifted flour, 1 beaten egg. [Butter and egg need to be at room temperature so take out of the fridge for a few hours on the bench before starting baking. Butter wants to be a bit softish, and the egg not cold. ]

Method: Heat oven to 190° C [not fan bake], oven tray in the centre of the oven. Cream the butter and sugar together - to do that: beat the butter with an electric beater for a few mintues until it is smoothish, then add the sugar by pouring it in slowly, continue beating fast until the mixture is soft and fluffy, until it has changed colour to a creamish colour, and oyu can't feel the sugar it in - turning the beater off to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl occasionally so it is all mixed in well.

Turning the beater to a slower speed, add a good spoonful of the flour and beat it in. Then add the egg and increase speed, beating the egg in well. Reduce speed and add the remaining flour. This will make a stiffish dough.

Tip the dough out onto a lighty floured bench. Take a quanitity and roll it out with a rolling pin to a thickness of 3/4 cm or so. Cut out shapes and use a flattish knife to help transfer to baking tray lined with baking paper. Insert sticks, taking care they insert evenly at the halfway thickness level.

Bake 12 to 15 mins until cooked and golden. Leave to cool on the tray. Ice as desired once cool.

Have fun with them whichever, whatever and however you decide to make them !

jaybee2003, Oct 29, 5:08pm
Aren't they gorgeous! !
Petite :-)