Homemade Antacid Recipe

tencannz, Jul 14, 11:42pm
x1
Could someone please help with the recipe for Antacid, I think it has Baking Soda, citric acid, and other things, sick of paying huge dollars for Enos. Thanks so much.

horizons_, Jul 15, 12:53am
Directions:
Add 1/2 teaspoon to 1/2 glass (4 fl. oz. ) of water every 2 hours, or as directed by physician. Dissolve completely in water. Accurately measure 1/2 teaspoon.
Do not take more than the following amounts in 24 hours:
--Seven 1/2 teaspoons.
--Three 1/2 teaspoons if you are over 60 years.
Do not use the maximum dosage for more than 2 weeks.
Caution, do not take if you are on a low sodium diet. If on medications check with your doctor as may interact with them.

pickles7, Jul 15, 1:10am
x1
I had that once, health salts , as I remember. Icing sugar, was in the recipe, I had. It wasn't that nice, though. Buy enos and hide it in the cupboard, away from the kids.

cookessentials, Jul 15, 2:11am
If i have ever had to take anything like that, I put it into orange juice
The baking soda in orange juice is a great quick remedy for the beginning onset of cystitis.

rua69, Jul 15, 2:16am
x1
Here's my recipe:

1 large glass
1 level tsp baking soda
1 level tsp citric acid

Half fill the glass with water. Add baking soda and stir until dissolved. Fill the glass to the top. Add citric acid and watch the reaction. Leave for a minute (or as long as you want) and drink.

It's similar to Eno, minus the flavouring, and does the same thing. Sometimes I add the juice of a half a lime or half a lemon and a little less citric acid to compensate: it is delicious.

eastie3, Jul 15, 6:05am
x1
Another inexpensive remedy is the fizzy lollies that you can buy in the bulk bins, also called sherbert lollies.

guest, Dec 22, 6:24pm
x1
Keep in mind that an antacid(baking soda) is neutralized by an acid(citric acid) and will no longer neutralize the hydrochloric acid in your stomach. Avoid any home remedies that are acidic such as fruit or vinegar(acetic acid).

guest, Jan 10, 9:08pm
Have you tried a tsp or 2 of organic apple cider vinegar (unfermented and with the mother) in a glass of water?

guest, Mar 20, 11:28pm
Meg & I did this when we were dating. Unfortunately, our chseee turned out terrible kind of like a tough chewy log with clumps of salt hiding inside. Sounds like it would be worth trying again .

guest, Mar 21, 4:30am
x1
You are so awesome for helping me solve this mytsyre.

guest, Mar 22, 11:15am
hey caroline, great rciepe, as always. do you know how long it will keep in an airtight container? i want to try it out one of these days along with your homemade waffles rciepe. thanks. naomi