Radishmans Fudge Recipe - any1 still got it please

Page 1 / 2
alewis, Jul 13, 11:52pm
I have looked everywhere thought I had cut and pasted it into my word document but with no avail, I checked trade me cooks - maybe I am blind but does anyone have this iconic recipe please. - was requested by another member. thanks in advance.

griffo4, Jul 14, 12:00am
auckland_ali l found it in TMC l never thought to look there thanks

RADISHMANS FUDGE
Boil 2cups white sugar,
3T Cocoa and
1/2cup milk for 3min.
Add 2tsp butter.
Add few drops vanilla and
beat with ELECTRIC BEATER for 3mins till thick.
Pour into 18cmx18cm tin.
Cool .
The beating is the secret.

alewis, Jul 14, 12:44am
thanks, well I missed that did have a wee look, BTW its the best! ! !

griffo4, Jul 14, 1:10am
Thanks l will have to make it

alewis, Jul 5, 6:18am
I am bumping this so that this doesnt get lost in cyberspace.

whitehead., Jul 5, 6:32am
bump for fudge

alewis, Jul 13, 11:52pm
I have looked everywhere thought I had cut and pasted it into my word document but with no avail, I checked trade me cooks - maybe I am blind but does anyone have this iconic recipe please.- was requested by another member. thanks in advance.

griffo4, Jul 14, 12:00am
auckland_ali l found it in TMC l never thought to look there thanks

RADISHMANS FUDGE
Boil 2cups white sugar,
3T Cocoa and
1/2cup milk for 3min.
Add 2tsp butter.
Add few drops vanilla and
beat with ELECTRIC BEATER for 3mins till thick.
Pour into 18cmx18cm tin.
Cool .
The beating is the secret.

thanks, well I missed that did have a wee look, BTW its the best!!!

rachelrenee, Jul 31, 12:40am
Just bumping this, as I am off to make it now. Fingers crossed - will report back!

elliehen, Jul 31, 1:55am
Does it start to set before you stop beating and make it hard to get it into the pan?

kabbo, Jul 31, 2:19am
yeah it does start to set, butthat is the key it is ready, you gotta act fast from here and get it in the tin.

havent made fudge for donkeys years, but used to make that and toffee weekly when i was a kid.

rachelrenee, Jul 31, 3:40am
Mmm mm! Very nice. But followed the 3min time frame and it hasn't set properly. Still yummo though, but would have it on the boil for longer next time.

wildflower, Jul 31, 3:43am
I find you have to play it by ear a bit with beating times, one recipe I've used stated a time that if I beat it for that long there would have been no way I'd get it into the tin so as soon as it gets thick enough it pays to get it into the pan.

katienz11, Aug 5, 9:09pm
Im going to try making this tomorrow with the kids.Havent made fudge since I was a kid.Do you need to grease the tin or anything!

I remember many a time when it didnt set.still nice though!

griffo4, Aug 5, 11:54pm
l would say grease the tin and if it doesn't set it is still soooo nice to eat anyway,lol

thanks, well I missed that did have a wee look, BTW its the best!

elliehen, Jul 31, 1:55am
Does it start to set before you stop beating and make it hard to get it into the pan!

rachelrenee, Jul 31, 3:40am
Mmm mm! Very nice. But followed the 3min time frame and it hasn't set properly. Still yummo though, but would have it on the boil for longer next time.

wildflower, Jul 31, 3:43am
I find you have to play it by ear a bit with beating times, one recipe I've used stated a time that if I beat it for that long there would have been no way I'd get it into the tin so as soon as it gets thick enough it pays to get it into the pan.

pigletnz25, Aug 5, 5:38am
oh yummo thats the receipe we used as kids, and its the best thought I'd never see it agin many thanks

griffo4, Aug 5, 11:54pm
l would say grease the tin and if it doesn't set it is still soooo nice to eat anyway,lol

smiggles15, Aug 6, 12:40am
what an amazing recipe! I am normally crap at making sweets but this is great! Next time I'll make sure I have the tin and handbeater all ready to go before I start though :-)

murdoc4, Aug 6, 9:08am
Made after half an hour seeing this post - love trademe recipes, so reliable!

nainmary, Aug 7, 8:57am
I have had this recipe for years and made some last weekend but I left out the cocoa and used 1tsp ground ginger, would be nice with some crystalised ginger as well. I soaked the sugar and milk for about an hour so the sugar was almost soaked into the milk,when I put it on the heat think this stopped it going sugary.It turned out silky smooth melted in your mouth!