Mild curry

alebix, Jul 13, 5:48am
I have not eaten much curry in my life except curried sausages and the odd out of a can butter chicken...

Can anyone please suggest another curry I can try that has the curry taste but zero heat... Im also feeding 2 kids... .

Thanks.

trading_gibsons, Jul 13, 5:53am
Korma is nice & mild, can add cashew nuts yummmy!

bop, Jul 13, 6:16am
yip korma paste

fisher, Jul 13, 6:30am
MILD. . Fish curry. . Beef curry. . Vege curry. . Lamb curry. . Chicken Curry. . Prawn curry. .

Curry sauce

1 tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 Clove garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp mild curry powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper
4 tablespoon cornflour
{2 cup skim milk
{1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
(can use can of coconut milk for last two ingredients)

Heat oil in saucepan... Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring over medium heat until translucent but not brown... Add curry powder, salt, white pepper and cayenne. Cook, stirring for about a 1 min. Dissolve cornflour well in 1/4 -1/2 cup milk. Add remainder and coconut extract to pan... Add cornflour mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sauce just thickens and leave on stove top with element turned off for another 2 mins stirring all the time... . .

ferita, Jul 13, 6:32am
Instead of curry powder use garam masala powder mixed with paprika powder. This gives anindian taste but without the spice of the chilli

pickles7, Jul 13, 8:45am
We like , S & B golden Curry. you find it near the deli. , in most supermarkets. It is in a pkt, with bold gold writing. It has a very nice flavour, without the heat. Comes in 3 strengths. If I need the heat I use a good Indian curry, I buy from our Indian spice shop.

vonedel2, Oct 24, 2:53pm
Here one try it you'll love it!
You need to cook the Curry, or you'll be going toilet all night lol

24 - Sausages. (you can use Lamb)
2 Tbsp of Mild Curry. (add more to your taste)
1Tbsp- sugar.
1 1/2Tbsp - Garlic.
1 1/2Tbsp-Ginger
2 Medium onions. (add more if you like onions)
5 medium fresh Tomatoes (or 2 cans)
2-Cans of coconut cream (skim the firm cream off to use, thrown away the watery stuff)
1/2 ltr of cream. (if sauce is to thick add more cream to thin)

Cook your meat, once cooked, put aside.
In The Oil cook the onions till soft. Add the Garlic and Ginger. Cook a further 2 minutes. Then add the Curry Powder and cook a further 3 minutes. Then add the Tomatoes cook till truly desolved.
add the firm Coconut cream. mix through. Then add the Cream till mixed through. This is your Sauce, then add the meat, cook for 30-40 minutes, or until meat is tender.
serve on a bed of rice.
To cook the rice, Add 3 Cups of rice to a pot with sealed lid (to keep the steam in, wet a Tea Towel and cover the lid NOT THE WHOLE POT) add 4 Cups of Water, put on high heat till it starts boiling, Then turn the heat down to a low low heat, with some stoves to a near off mode. leave for 30-40minutes and you should have perfect cooked rice.