Breadmaker recipe

pixie810, Jul 13, 3:02am
with edmonds active yeast, anyone got just a simple one for me to test? thanks

michelle_09, Jul 13, 6:56am
This recipe is for a "Breville Bakers Oven BB280" Though i don't think it would make too much difference. This is for a 750g Basic White Loaf.

Basic White Loaf (750g)
Add ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed

-290ml Water
-1 tbsp Oil
-1 1/2 tsp Salt
-1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
-3 Cups White Flour
-1 Tbsp milk powder
-1 tsp Citric Acid (i find that this is not necessary if you don't have it in your cuboard, but add it if you do)
-1 1/2 tsp yeast

If you don't have milk powder, add 290ml of milk instead of water

Set to Basic, and let it run... . or the equivilant on your bread maker. Did it not come with a manual? ?

beaker59, Jul 13, 7:20am
Try this its super easy and no need for a bread maker so basic kitchen utensils and an oven.
http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Make-No-Knead-Ciabatta-Brea
d-213126958
Also having a video makes it really easy to understand I started making this along time ago and it was an instant hit with the family I have made it with several types of flour and all are excellent. Don't be put off by the long proving time that is the key to good healthy bread.

pickles7, Jul 13, 7:24am
You will find the yeast you are using will have, ascorbic acid, already added. My regular white loaf is;
4 cups of high grade flour
2 tsp sure-bake yeast
2 Tbsp milk powder
2 tsp sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp salt
350 mils of warm water
I add extra water by 1 Tbsp lots at a time, if my bread maker is struggling at all. Flour from different batches require more water at times. I use a Panasonic bread maker.

pickles7, Oct 23, 3:56pm
nice looking bread, I will give it a go, one of these days. . thanks