Dog Biscuit recipes

brynn06, Feb 14, 1:10am
Anyone have any yummy healthy recipes for my K9 friends?

harrislucinda, Feb 14, 1:54am
googlei didmakesomeofftherehadacleanoutofrecipesandthrowthoseonesoutorcouldhave put up for you

maysept, Feb 14, 2:42am
There was a great reccipe I used to have that appeared in the Growing Today magazines- maybe someone else has that recipe and can help?

245sam, Feb 14, 2:46am
brynn06, I'm not and never have been a dog owner so I'm not sure how the biscuits rate as far as being healthy, but have a look at:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=26&t=575

You'll find several biscuit recipes there so I hope there's at least one that you think will appeal and be ok for your K9 friends. :-))

niclee, Jul 12, 5:17am
Cheese Dog Cookies

2 c all-purpose flour
1 1/4 c Shredded cheddar cheese
2 cl Garlic, finely chopped
1/2 c Vegetable oil
4 1/2 tb Water (up to 5 tbs. )

1. Preheat oven to hot (400 degrees)
2. Make a cardboard pattern of a dog bone, 4 inches long or use a dog-bone cookie cutter.
3. Combine flour, cheese, garlic and vegetable oil in container of food processor. Cover, whirl until mixture is consistency of coarse meal. With machine running, slowly add water until mixture forms a ball.
4. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll out each piece to 1/2" thickness. Cut out bones. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheet. Do not reroll scraps.
5. Bake in preheated hot oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until bottom of cookies are lightly browned. Carefully transfer bones to wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate in airtight container.

my dog loves them

grouch, Jul 16, 10:05pm
I am making some today and havent before so dont know how they will go but here is the recipe from Aunt Daisy

450g wholemeal flour
115g white flour
1 dspn salt,
115g mince, cold water,
Put flours and salt in a basin and rub mince in like butter. Then mix to a stiff dough with water. Roll out and put on an oven tray. Prick with a fork.
Bake in a slow oven 120 C until brown.
Sometines add 1 tbspn of cold liver oil as its good for the bones.

fisher, Jul 16, 10:55pm
Wifey boils the chicken necks for the pooches and freezes them for treats for the dogs. . She was lucky enough to find a dog shaped cutter at the local community shop so that keeps her "bones" to a uniform shape and size. .
Juice from the boiled chicken necks. .
2 cups of flour
2 cups of oats
1 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp of peanut butter
pinch of salt. .
Mix all up and add more flour or chicken stock as required for desired consistency. . Cut out with cutter, brush with milk and bake until golden...

karenz, Jul 17, 12:29am
I believe boiling the chicken bones might not be such a good idea because once the bones are cooked it causes them to calcify and the bone chips can be dangerous. If I am wrong on this I am happy to be corrected.

manthy89, Jul 18, 11:09am
you are right karenz, dogs naturally eat raw, theres no need to cook anything for them! cooked bones esp can be very dangerous

fisher, Jul 19, 7:24am
tis oks... . they like em cooked :} who am I to think otherwise :}

mellish, Nov 12, 11:08am
they like them raw too, cooking them can cause them to splinter into hard sharp um splinters and that could be dangerous.