Chicken breast with avacado and prawns in cream

missmad, Jul 12, 4:07am
does anyone know what this is called? i had it at a rest once and im sure it was called chicken princess but when i look up none of the recipies are even similar... does anyone have a recipie or know what it could be called, the prawns and avo were in a cream type sauce smothered over the chicken. . thanks

fisher, Jul 12, 4:38am
You could try this one I got off the nett some time back but havent tried yet. .
Ingredients:
1 smoked chicken breast. . 1/2 avacado, diced
. . handful of cooked prawns, chopped
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 - 2 tbsp finely diced dill + sprigs to garnish
Lime juice. . Mayonnaise. . Salt. . Pepper. . Salad leaves, to garnish
Method:
Mix the chicken, avacado, prawns, spring onions and dill in a bowl. Squirt over some lime juice to keep the avocado from going brown. Stir in enough mayonnaise to coat it all, but don't make it too wet. Season to taste... .
Decorate the plate with the salad leaves and put the salad mixture onto the plate. .

noonesgirl, Jul 12, 4:59am
sounds yummy

missmad, Jul 12, 8:29am
ok i made it just reduced some cream with a bit of chicken stock and salt pepper, added the chopped avo when it was reduced as well as the prawns and cooked for a few mins, spooned it over pan fried breasts, absolutley beaut and super easy to make for something special and rich if friends are coming over etc.

fisher, Jul 12, 8:55am
missmad... . good one... thinking maybe butterfly chicken breast and stuff the prawns inside and pin together with wet toothpicks... pan fry in butter spooning over top till done and removing to rest... make your "sauce" and place chicken back in to spoon over, cover and coat. .
Chicken and Avo have always been a good match. . few bits of pre-fried bacon could be nice as well...

alimick, Jul 12, 9:22am
I cooked prawns tonight for the first time in my life. They were from frozen. I simmered them gently in a curry sauce. Can someone tell me what their texture should be like? I wasn't expecting them to be so firm/rubbery.

fisher, Jul 12, 9:34am
alimick... If they were cooked ones. . then I would "thaw and peel" them ready for the curry. . make the curry sauce without the prawns and only put them in for about 2 mins just to warm through stirring to coat. (Also depends on breed of prawns used... )

alimick, Jul 12, 9:40am
No no they were "Raw Ready for cooking"

darlingmole, Jul 12, 9:51am
doesn't the avocado goes brown if you don't add lemon juice despite cooking it?

And re the prawns/shrimps alimick ... if they were already precooked (check the plastic bag) then you merely need to defrost and "warm" it in the you sauce. Over cooking shell fish makes them into rubbery bullets (still taste great, but the texture isn't flash)

alimick, Jul 12, 10:09am
I repeat, "No no they were "Raw Ready for cooking""
However, maybe I did cook them for a bit too long. I tasted one as soon as they changed colour but it was very firm, so I cooked them longer. Maybe too long.

alimick, Jul 12, 10:25am
And maybe I should have thawed them first, not cooked from frozen.

aktow, Jul 12, 4:34pm
one restaurant i worked for called chicken breast with avacado and prawns in cream"chicken princess... it was a made up name.

ferita, Jul 12, 8:20pm
sounds like you over cooked them

illusion_, Jul 13, 11:03am
Thats the one. And they take very little time to cook. normally whatever I am doing I put them in a couple of minutes before serving. Soft, succulent, delicious.

alimick, Oct 27, 12:11pm
Ah! OK thanks for that. I'll thaw if I ever try that recipe again.