Pumkin Pie

catlover28, Jul 12, 1:34am
Hi, has anyone got a pumpkin recipe? Thanks

cookessentials, Jul 12, 1:55am
Joyce's Traditional Pumpkin Pie
This recipe has been in our family for over fourty years.
It was given to my Mother by a friend of hers who had lived in Canada and was married to a Canadian. The evaporated milk is traditionally used in American pumpkin pie and it makes an extremely delicious and easy to make dessert.
Ingredients:
500g pumpkin, peeled and cooked till tender
2 eggs
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mace
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 heaped tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
375ml can evaporated milk
Method:
Mix pumpkin, eggs, sugar, salt & spices in a food processor, wizz until well combined. Add flour and lastly add milk. Prepare a sweet short pastry ( I cheat and buy a frozen Irvine's pastry from the supermarket! ) into a greased, deep 23 cm pie dish. Bake at 200C for 35-40 minutes. Serve cold with whipped cream.

catlover28, Jul 12, 2:44am
Thanks, sounds lovely.

fisher, Oct 19, 7:04am
Through experience, It is "my" concerted opinion that pumpkin pie should be made with roasted or steamed pumpkin and then mashed to a pulp. . Same with pumpkin soup... .

Sweet Pumpkin Pie... Preheat the oven to 165°C
You MUST "steam" your pumpkin and then mash to a pulp. . Blind bake short crust pastry in a round pie dish. .
In a bowl beat two eggs and 1/4 cup of brown sugar...
Add a 1/2 tsp of allspice. . 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. . 1/4 tsp of ground ginger. . 1/4 tsp of ground cloves. . 2 tbsp of orange juice. . zest of the orange...
Mix all together well with the pumpkin pulp. . Pour into cooked pastry base, spread out and place in pre heated oven for approx 40 mins...