Worst frozen product ever! Pacific West Calamari

ddd10, Feb 18, 5:54am
Tapa's! Cost me $8 for a 300g box with 21 pieces in it, from the supermarket. Cooked for the recommended time at the recommended temperature, the 21 pieces shrivel up to something not much bigger than a small shrimp! What a total rip off! Also they leaked out something over the top of the oven tray & now I've got a major cleaning job to do on my oven as it's a mess at the bottom!

Serves me right for not eating fresh food I guess. But as I normally do, it was a novelty for me to buy a frozen product & I was trying to save time.

uli, Feb 18, 8:09am
I am glad that you learned so much in ONE go ...
Most people take years ... .
So- GREAT!

Anything else we can help you with?

sophiea1, Feb 19, 3:35am
I can relate to that #1, frozen products can be awful.

bin-boy-lin, Feb 19, 4:30am
I have been caught out on that one as well. Never again.
Another to watch out for is a seafood mix with tiny mussels, calamari, baby octopus and gawd knows what else. All as tough as old boots. But I have kept the rest of the packet and it will go through the mincer for fritters. But I will never purchase that again. Furthermore the sea food is well under size for our standards. It came from Thailand.

uli, Feb 19, 5:00am
I found out the other day that there is only one type of squid rings in the freezer at the local supermarket that is actually just squid. All the others were some re-constituted cr@p similar to the "lovely" "crab"meat sticks...

ddd10, Feb 19, 12:00pm
The only frozen thing I'm satisfied with is I tried the salt & pepper squid (can't recall the brand, I think only one brand makes it frozen & sells to supermarkets), & I have to say it was yummy & worth the price. I only ever have salt & pepper squid when dining out so it's nice to be able to get it on the cheap & do it at home. And it stayed it's normal size & didn't shrivel up to nothing.

ruby19, Aug 22, 2:55am
Take it back and complain, if no one tells them they think, they can get away with inferior products. At least you may get your money back. Or ring the supplier importer.