Chocolate pudding help needed (self saucing)

staffyboy, Jul 9, 3:25am
I used to have an awesome recipe for this but have lost my recipe book and can't remember what the measurements for the ingredients are.

The ingredients were flour, milk, salt, white sugar, cocoa, butter and vanilla essence for the pudding and water and brown sugar on top for the sauce. .

does anyone else have this recipe? ? If so, can you tell me what the measurements are?

TIA

pickles7, Jul 9, 3:27am
Pudding... ... Choc... less sugar.
Self saucing, Choc pudding
in a basin put 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp cream of tartar, 2 Tblsp cocoa, 1/2 cup sultanas... . mix with 1/2 cup of milk, to make a stiff dough. Note No sugar. Pour over, 1 cup of boiling water 2 tsp golden syrup, 1/2 cup of sugar, 50 grams of butter. Steam 30 minutes. serve with custard, a dollop of cream or ice cream. enjoy

bumblebee13, Jul 9, 8:16am
1 c flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1Tbsp cocoa powder, 3/4 cup sugar
mix together in big bowl,
1/2c milk, 1tsp vanilla ese, 2 Tbsn butter melted, mix into dry ingreds.

Sauce : 3/4 c brown sugar, 1 dsp cocoa powder, 1 3/4 c hot water mix together and pour over 1st mix
microwave for 8-10 mins on high

lindi4, Jul 17, 4:22am
Pickles are you there. I just made this it is a good recipe with the cream of tartar and b. soda... is the sauce not supposed to have cocoa as I put some in would it come out a cocoa colour anyway?

ma51, Jul 17, 7:07am
Pickles7 I made your pudding as per your instructions. Excellent. Thank you for sharing. Lovely sauce!

liamjosh, Nov 5, 12:06pm
This never fails and feeds me and four grown or growing lads and some left over.

Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding

Sift 1 cup self raising flour, pinch salt, 3/4 cup white sugar, 3 dspn cocoa.
Add 1/2 cup milk, 60g butter (melted), 1 tsp vanilla essence
Mix together and put in greased dish
Mix 1/2 cup brown sugarand 2 tbspn cocoa over pudding mixture.
Sprinkle over pudding and carefully pour 1 cup hot water over.
Microwave on high for approximately mins or until sponge rises through sauce