Apple slice

skatz1, Jul 5, 10:59pm
x1
Anyone got a recipe?

ballito, Jul 5, 11:55pm
x2
I used to make apple shortcake from the Edmonds book. If this is what you're wanting I can recommend it.

pickles7, Jul 6, 12:42am
######### In the search function , on your left , Write ... pickles7... on the key word member space, and scroll down to ... anytime ... on the date posted, . You may find what you are looking for there

cookessentials, Jul 6, 1:03am
Try the apple desserts thread, there is a shortcake and various other recipes there if that helps.

campmum, Jul 6, 5:31am
x1
Easy Apple Slice by Alison Holst...
125gr butter
½ cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
1½ teaspoon baking powder
Cold stewed apple
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, flour and baking powder. Mix well and knead into ball. Use 1/2 pastry and press into baking paper lined sq tin 23cm. Spread over cold stewed apple. With other 1/2 of pastry, grate over apple (you can roll out for lid if you want to muck around). Bake 180oC for 30 minutes.

taurushat, Jul 6, 6:09am
x1
This is a easy cheats way to make one. Tastes delicious.
340g pkt buttercake mix (I just use no name brand)
1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
125g butter, melted
400g can apple pieces
300g sour cream
1 tsp cinnamon sugar

Method
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line base and the two opposite sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm over edge of pan.

Combine cake mix, coconut and butter in a medium bowl. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Cook for 15 mins, or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.

Spread apple evenly over base, then spread sour cream evenly over apple and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cook for further 20 mins, or until sour cream has set.

jason47, Jul 6, 10:31pm
Even easier cheats way - packet of sweet short pastry... . place one layer in tin, prick with fork add tin of apple pie filling, place another sheet of pastry on top, prick with fork. bake in moderate oven for about 20 mins. Cool and dust with icing sugar. Just like you would buy from a bakery. My kids love it!

mvo, Oct 7, 12:46am
This one makes a lot, but it freezes well. I made it for the first time last week, it is my mother-in-law's recipe... . I did freeze a slab, but it has already been "liberated" and consumed...

Ingredients
• 300 grams butter – softened at room temperature
• 300 grams white sugar
• 6 eggs
• 300 grams standard flour
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
• 6 apples- Braeburn are good

Method
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C – plain bake mode.
2. Line a dish (such as a smallish roasting dish) with baking paper.
3. Cream the butter and the sugar.
4. With a wooden spoon, beat in the eggs, one at a time.
5. Add the flour, baking powder and vanilla essence.
6. Mix well. The mix should be reasonably firm.
7. Spread into the prepared baking dish.
8. Peel and core apples and cut into quarters.
9. Then, cut each quarter into thin slices.
10. Press each slice (rounded side up) into the batter.
11. Bake in the oven for one hour, or a little less...
Notes
originally from Libelle - a Dutch magazine - guess circa 1960s
• Serve warmish as a dessert with ice-cream or cream, or as a cake, or keep in fridge...