Easy lollies that kids make

gaspodetwd, Jul 5, 5:14am
preferably no bake.
Miss 6 did peppermint and chocolate creams - but doesn't actually like the peppermint taste.
What else can you recommend that she can bake all by herself - reading the recipe, and doing the measuring (grammes please). She is allowed to use the microwave but not the oven. Nothing involving hot sugar either please. Preferably gluten free too... ?

buzzy110, Jul 5, 5:20am
This was a huge hit at Christmas time on these boards and so easy to make apparently.

From the thread with Bounty Bar in the title.

I have made these a couple of times and they are very near the real thing. I have also rolled the mixture into balls before dipping.
1 cup coconut, 2 tbls. icing sugar, condensed milk as needed, 200g chocolate dark or milk. Mix together icing sugar, coconut and enough milk to need to a paste. Shape into pieces and chill for 15 mins. Dip in melted chocolate and leave to set.

nauru (94 )7:03 pm, Sat 14 Nov #1

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 5, 5:24am
snow balls are fantastic and easy! . im not sure of measurements but basicaly make a mixture of wine biscuits coconut butter and cocoa get a marshmallow and cover in the mixture into a ball and then roll in coconut then freeze

over xmas these were huge in my house will try find you the measurments though

gaspodetwd, Jul 5, 5:24am
Perfect! Thanks. She is so underweight - hopefully she will eat heaps and gain a bit!

gaspodetwd, Jul 5, 5:25am
Anyone got anything clever with chocolate?

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 5, 5:28am
chocolate fondue?

lizab, Jul 5, 5:47am
I don't think you need to be feeding her lollies and heaps of sugar to get her to gain some weight (sorry to be so blunt - I feel bad saying it to you, but it's true) If you want to do anything with chocolate for her, I'd melt it and use it to coat some fresh or dried fruits/nuts. Good luck =)

gaspodetwd, Jul 5, 6:08am
Actually the Dr said I should give her extra fat and sugar. She eats heaps - and has a very fast metabolism. She loses weight during the term - and then I have to try and get her to eat more in the holidays - she gtes back to weight and then loses again in the term. She has lots of fresh fruit and veges but they don't pack enough caloriesin! So I like to have a treat in the cupboard (preferably that she has made). She has full fat milk. She eats mountains of great wholesome food. She hates nuts - and there is no way I would feed her dried fruits at her weight!

pam.delilah, Jul 5, 7:50am
Coconut Ice Uncooked

This is easy enough for children to make, but popular with adults too. After several days, it becomes rather firm, but it seldom lasts this long!

2 cups desiccated coconut
2 cups icing sugar
1/2 of a 400g can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp raspberry essence (optional)
4-5 drops of red food colouring
Extra coconut for coating

Measure the coconut and icing sugar into a food processor or large bowl. Tip the condensed milk on top. Add the vanilla then process in bursts or mix with a flexible stirrer, then your hands.

Sprinkle some of the extra coconut on a sheet of plastic on a flat work surface. Press out half the mixture about 20cm square on the coconut. Add the raspberry essence and enough food colouring to give a pale pink colour to the mixture left in the bowl, mix in, then shape as previously.

Lay the pink layer on top of the white layer. Sprinkle a little extra coconut on top. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or longer, then cut into squares with a wet knife. Refrigerate until required, and eat after a few hours.

pam.delilah, Jul 5, 7:52am
MicrowaveFabulous Five-Minute Fudge

Ingredients
• 2 cups chocolate pieces
• 2/3cup sweetened condensed milk
• 1tablespoon water
• 3/4cup chopped walnuts, toasted if desired
• 1teaspoon vanilla
Directions
Line a oven tray with waxed paper; set aside. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate pieces, sweetened condensed milk, and water.
Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 1 minute more, or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour mixture onto prepared try and spread it into a 9x6-inch rectangle

pam.delilah, Jul 5, 7:55am
Homemade chocolate

500 gms Kremelta,
3 level tablespoons cocoa,
1 level cup icing sugar,
1 heaped cup skim milk powder

. Melt Kremelta, add other ingredients and mix well.
Pour into a dish and leave in fridge to set.

For variations, add coconut, dried fruits, or nuts etc .

pam.delilah, Jul 5, 7:57am
chocolate "Salami" -
1 x 250g packet gingernuts,
2-4 tbsp dark rum,
150g plain dark chocolate (broken into small pieces),
50g unsalted butter,
1 egg,
150g glace cherries,
icing sugar for rolling.
Put the gingernuts in a food processor & whiz until they are finely crushed.
Tip the gingernut crumbs into a bowl & sprinkle them with the rum.
Mix with a fork.
Place the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot, not boiling, water & leave it to melt.
Stir in the butter until melted.
Remove the bowl from the saucepan & beat the egg into the warm mixture.
Add the crushed gingernuts & the whole cherries & mix well.
Leave to cool, then form the mixture into 2 logs, each 5cm in diameter.
Sift the icing sugar on to a bench & roll each log in the icing sugar until well coated. Wrap the logs in greaseproof paper & chill until firm.
Store in a cool place.
To serve, cut into really thin slices

pam.delilah, Jul 5, 7:58am
The original rocky road

400g good quality milk chocolate, chopped
200g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
½ cup shredded or dessicated coconut
½ cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
250g raw brazil nut kernels, halved
200g red glace cherries
250g marshmallows (raspberry and vanilla)

Place chocolates into a large heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water, stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stand until warm.

Stir in coconut and then remaining ingredients, one at a time. Spread mixture into a 24cm x 12cm slice pan lined with baking paper. Leave pan at room temperature for about one hour or until set.

Serve cut into squares.

gaspodetwd, Jul 5, 8:35am
coconut ice - perfect! Thanks.

bunny51, Jul 5, 11:29am
Truffles (with the crushed biscuits, meted butter, cocoa and other stuff, can't remember but can find recipe if you are interested. (You can coat these in melted chocolate too if desired)

dorothy_vdh, Jul 5, 7:54pm
over the weekend my 6 year old granddaughter made chocolate speckles which is very basic.
melt some chocolate, adult supervision needed
mark out circles on baking paper.
spread chocolate to cover circle, place a iceblock stick in middle cover with a little more chocolate and sprinkle with 100 and 1000's

levintofu, Jul 5, 10:40pm
a really easy and fun treat is self-saucing microwaved choc pudding
i like to top it off with peanut butter and hundreds and thousands

1 c self-raising flour
pinch salt
3/4 c white sugar
1/3 c cocoa
1/2 c milk
60g butter, melted
1 t vanilla essence
1/2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 c water

1. Sift flour, salt, white sugar and 2 T cocoa into a 2-litre casserole or souffle dish. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla essence. Mix well. Scrape down from sides and level the top.
2. Sift brown sugar and remaining cocoa over pudding mixture.
3. Micro-cook, high power, 2 minutes. Pour carefully over the pudding.
4. Micro-cook the pudding, high power, 8-10 minutes. or until the sponge rises up through the sauce.

madzwhippet, Jul 6, 4:56am
Poster requested "preferably Gluten free"... ... ... the recipes with crushed wine , ginger and other biscuits are NOTgluten free... . . they need to be made with Gluten free biscuits to be gluten free... ... . that gets expensive... . . those with flour or self-raising flour are also not Gluten free... . oh some of these recipes sound divine but not for some of us... .
There is an easyrice bubble one with honey, butter and I think some sugar ... . as well as rice bubbles... . . here's a suggestionto make it Gluten free
Rice bubble slice made with Freedom Gluten free rice bubbles would be better than using ordinary rice bubbles that have been barley malted ... ... . worth a try and so easy.

gaspodetwd, Oct 4, 1:12am
We mainly have GF things in our house as two members of the family are GF. It is just so much easier if we make things we can all eat. My 3 year old's favourite is GF choc brownies - which are amazing. But my 6 year old today made chocolate crackles and fruit smoothies and a cheese thing. She is so into cooking. Anyway the tins are full - for a few days...