Tiger Prawns - suggestions please!

papariccardo, Jul 3, 4:04am
I usually do a Thai Green Curry with sticky rice (mmmm! ) but I feel like something different. I'm considering doing Tempura, with tempura veges too.

They are cooked, reasonable 20-25 size, still whole with shell on. I usually de-shell them before I do anything, for the sake of my son, but I'm open to ideas.

chchliz, Jul 3, 4:35am
I sometimes make a risotto and it is one of my favourite meals. When you shell the prawns, make a stock with them using garlic, veges like carrots and onions and then add it to short grain or special risotto rice. Stir in some white wine and parsley if you have it. At the end add the prawns and cook them through. Parmesan or feta is great in this meal.

socram, Jul 3, 5:00am
Gumbo Papa! As above, (risotto) but also add chicken, spicy sausage, any chunks of white fish, onions, red capsicums, garlic, canned tomatoes, maybe a can of tomato puree if you wish, add some paprika and chilli, but swap the white white for red wine or Marsala/Sherry etc.

Tempura is too tasteless for me!

papariccardo, Jul 3, 5:11am
Gumbo - mmmm. Louisiana comes to Whangaparaoa ;)

deus701, Jul 3, 6:18am
Baked prawn & cheese with potatoes and peas.

carol09, Jul 4, 11:28pm
You can make Prawn Curry, Prawn Biryani... ... . .

cookessentials, Jul 5, 12:26am
Tiger prawns - you lucky thing - we love them.

nordicpearl, Jul 5, 12:58am
I always like to keep it simple. Sear the prawns in a hot pan in a little oil, add a little garlic and some chilly flakes. Done! Blanche some fresh beans, pour over a little hot butter. Serve with a chiabatta toasted with Grana Padano cheese on top. Enjoy

chchliz, Jul 3, 4:35am
I sometimes make a risotto and it is one of my favourite meals. When you shell the prawns, make a stock with them using garlic, veges like carrots and onions and then add it to short grain or special risotto rice. Stir in some white wine and parsley if you have it. At the end add the prawns and cook them through. Parmesan or feta is great in this meal.

socram, Jul 3, 5:00am
Gumbo Papa! As above, (risotto) but also add chicken, spicy sausage, any chunks of white fish, onions, red capsicums, garlic, canned tomatoes, maybe a can of tomato puree if you wish, add some paprika and chilli, but swap the white white for red wine or Marsala/Sherry etc.

Tempura is too tasteless for me!

deus701, Jul 3, 6:18am
Baked prawn & cheese with potatoes and peas.

carol09, Jul 4, 11:28pm
You can make Prawn Curry, Prawn Biryani........

cookessentials, Jul 5, 12:26am
Tiger prawns - you lucky thing - we love them.

nordicpearl, Jul 5, 12:58am
I always like to keep it simple. Sear the prawns in a hot pan in a little oil, add a little garlic and some chilly flakes. Done! Blanche some fresh beans, pour over a little hot butter. Serve with a chiabatta toasted with Grana Padano cheese on top. Enjoy

uli, Jul 5, 7:07am
So what happened papariccardo ?
Were you banned or what?

And how did you cook those prawns?